Skinny tires!

Started by Topsterguy, January 12, 2007, 09:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

I'm looking at changing the tires on my roadster to more of a "bonneville"/ 50's  look. I've ordered 16x 6's for the back and 15 x 5's for the front but wondering about the best place to get the tires. I shyed away from Coker when I bought the whites for my coupe but I'm wondering about their bias skinny tires now. Anyone have opinions, experiences, suggestions on who's got the best deals ( and the best tires) ?  Thanks! :?
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

donsrods

We have used Coker for the past 20 years. My '27 is riding on a set from them, as is my '39, and my '23.  Also Dan has a set of 16's on his '29, and Don just ordered a set for his T bucket. So I guess you could say we like them alot. :D

Every transaction has been flawless, and the people there are super knowledgeable and helpful.

Don

Topsterguy

Oh I know they've got a good reputation and lots of good stuff, I just  went to Diamondback Classics for the whitewalls on my coupe cuz I heard ( here) that they were better whitewalls overall that Cokers. The ones on my coupe have worked great and don't discolor at all. I'll probably get my roadster tires from Coker tho.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

imwalkin

I have that same size set up on my A on 32 rails I used 7.50-16 rear and 5.60-15 front they where from coker. you can not get a perfect match in front rear tire but they are close.

Topsterguy

Quote from: "imwalkin"I have that same size set up on my A on 32 rails I used 7.50-16 rear and 5.60-15 front they where from coker. you can not get a perfect match in front rear tire but they are close.

Yeah, that's the sizes I was planning on using too.

Normspeed

I run the Coker Firestone 6.00 X 16s on my teardrop.  I run them with tubes.   No problems with the tires and yup the service was good and the prices were steep. Specially with shipping to CA.