Buick distibutor

Started by enjenjo, January 28, 2007, 07:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

As some of you know, I am building a 300 cube 65 Buick engine with TBI injection. since I am using the complete setup from a 305 chevy, I needed an electronically controlled distributor. The only HEI made for a Buick used the large cap with integrated coil, and it won't clear the intake manifold on a 300.  There was an HEI distributor made for chevy V8s that had a small cap and a divorced coil, but it won't fit the Buick engine. So what I did was cut the top off a Chevy distributor body, and the bottom of a Buick distributor body, and welded them together. There was a difference in shaft size too, so the Buick drive gear had to be bushed down to fit the Chevy shaft. The Chevy shaft has to be shortened and the end recut to drive the Buick oil pump. I just about have it done.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tom36

*,  I wish you were my neighbor!!!  Tom... 8)

Carnut

[quote *,  I wish you were my neighbor!!!  Tom... 8)[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing, then I thought I couldn't afford it anyway.

kb426

Necessity is the mother of invention.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

a good solution for dizzy mods.....cut , fit and re-weld

A fellow into salt racing years ago with a Crosley used a chrysler electronic dizzy modified  to fit the Crosley engine.  he ground off every other tooth off the reluctor to get a 4 cyl firing  from a v-8 dizzy
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "kb426"Necessity is the mother of invention.

Wasn't Zappa one of em too?  :lol:

Next time I have a question about anything I think im gonna ask Frank. Seems like he knows how to make everything!

GPster

It's a shame you can't enter the contest in March. What I'd like to see is this plus the Forum about the Throttle body adapter for the intake manifold plus what profile you had ground to the new cam put all together into a tech article. This plus a wiring diagram for the electrics that your going to use and the electric fuel pump mounting and what additional senders that will need to be on the engine to make this a package work. Years ago Hot Rod Mechanics (before they became part of Easyrider) was showing about an after market (Edelbrock?) injector system on an old (60s?) Chrysler Product station wagon on a 318 Poly motor. At some time this will probably go from "nice to look at" to "need to know". GPster