Some other tools I made....

Started by 1FATGMC, January 09, 2007, 11:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

While building the 383 I also built a few other tools that helped with degreeing the cam in.

A spacer to move the degree wheel away from the end of the crank.    

A piece to put on the top of the lifter to extend it for the dial indicator.

A piston stop to find TDC.

There are a few more pictures and a better description ( HERE ).

c ya,

Sum

rooster

Very cool SUM!  You win Tech week.  The bad news is the prize is a picture of Engenjo cuting the grass. :shock:

1FATGMC

Quote from: "rooster"Very cool SUM!  You win Tech week.  The bad news is the prize is a picture of Engenjo cuting the grass. :shock:

Thanks, but if it is ok with you we will just pass the prize on to next week's winner  8) ,

Sum

dragrcr50

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH   NICE SUM, ESPECIALLY LIKE THE LIFTER EXTENDER... GOOD TO SEE YOUR OUT IN THE SHOP CREATING.........SAM
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

1FATGMC

Quote from: "dragrcr50"OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH   NICE SUM, ESPECIALLY LIKE THE LIFTER EXTENDER... GOOD TO SEE YOUR OUT IN THE SHOP CREATING.........SAM

I have another trick little tool I made to measure pushrod lengths, but I'm leery of putting a picture on the web.  First I want to see if anyone makes the same thing now and possible also look to see if there is any patent on something like I did.  It isn't much, but if you ever have to check pushrod lengths I think it is pretty neat.

I gave one to Hooley and if you have to do some checking I'll bring you one for a beta test and get your opinion :wink: .

c ya,

Sum