trunk hinges

Started by hotrod3495, January 07, 2007, 06:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod3495

I am tring to fab A pair of hidden trunk hinges for A 36 chevy sedan. The problem I have is know matter where I put the pivot inside the trunk the lid hits the body at the top before you can open it anymore than  1". I have tried different shapes and angles of hinge arms. nothing seems to work. :?:  Does anyone have any ideas how to figure this out?

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "hotrod3495"I am tring to fab A pair of hidden trunk hinges for A 36 chevy sedan. The problem I have is know matter where I put the pivot inside the trunk the lid hits the body at the top before you can open it anymore than  1". I have tried different shapes and angles of hinge arms. nothing seems to work. :?:  Does anyone have any ideas how to figure this out?

I have no idea how you have made them but most hinges like this have to have a large C shape in them in order for them to work.  Can you take a picture and post it so that we can have a look?

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

The hinge pivot has to be right against the body skin, and 2 to 3 inches ahead of the front edge of the trunk. Ford Contour hinge arms are a good place to start.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.