Help with ID's?

Started by Carnut, December 29, 2006, 05:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

I don't get out much and don't keep up very well with all the latest vendors new productions, so I was wondering if anyone could help me identify some of these new rides that seem to be showing up.

This one seems at first to be a 'CtoC' coupe of some sort, but not sure?

Another similar one.

Is this a 'CtoC' version of a Downs pickup? Also kinda looks like a pickup version of the Foose 'Impression' coupe.

Is this a just a custom 41 Willys pickup or someones production body?

Is this someone's new body for a 37 Ford Hardtop/Coupe?

This also looks like a cross between a 'CtoC' and a 'Downs' coupe.

Sure could use some education on what all these Phantom's are in real life.

phat rat

The Willys was featured in one of the mags (Street Rodder I think) not long ago. It's an all steel cab and bed, I don't remember about the fenders. Lot's of hours into the remaking of that one. Yes they started with a stock body
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Learpilot

Quote from: "phat rat"The Willys was featured in one of the mags (Street Rodder I think) not long ago. It's an all steel cab and bed, I don't remember about the fenders. Lot's of hours into the remaking of that one. Yes they started with a stock body

The Willis is on the cover of October 2006 of Street Rodder mag. You can see it on there web  at www.streetrodderweb.com . Look for the past issue of 2006 and click on the issue with the Willis on it. The car is called Hammerhead.  I would love to own any of these cars, but I am just not that rich. I think they call these cars Checkbook cars. Somebody drops off there fat check book at one of the Pro shops and in a few months goes back and picks up there new Street Rod. I can't afford that so I build my own.

Also check out this web site www.carnut.com  , they have pictures of just about every kind of street rod and a lot more. I think you will like it !!!

Rick Harris

enjenjo

QuoteAlso check out this web site www.carnut.com , they have pictures of just about every kind of street rod and a lot more. I think you will like it !!!

The poster is Carnut. He knows the site well :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carnut

Well, ok, looks like the two Hardtop/Coupes just above the bottom one are a new Downs body style I wasn't aware of.

I think the first 3 photos may be from a company called Oz Rods,I believe.Seems I saw them at the Nat's last year but not really my type of car so only looked casually.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"