A little heads up ..Speedway Motors.

Started by Dave, December 19, 2006, 06:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

They have early ford round back spindles in thier catalog and on the web site but if you order from the web they will be back ordered cause they arent selling them any more!  I tried getting a set thru kickinrods with king pins fitted and ready to go. It was a good deal cause brant got em for 180.00
Now it looks like im gonna pay 208.00 and get hosed shipping from speedway and pete and jakes.. Hopefully not...

Dave

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat rat

if you hurry a guy on the Hamb has a set for $125
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Mine are ordered and i sold a pair of oem square Back cause i wanted the better newer repop ones. I believe they are safer. thanks for the info though
Dave

GPster

It all depends on how you look at things. $125.00 plus shipping plus $35.00 for a kingpin set plus $25.00 to have a machine shop fit them for used spindles or $208.00 to be safe and have the look you wanted. All that figuring increases your level of stress. No one around here had a used fuel pump for that V6 of mine so by Rooster's suggestion I started Ebay shopping. Bought a $10.00 carburater that I'm waiting to get shipped, $12.00 shipping and found a new fuel pump still in the box from Atlanta $9.99 plus $8.50 shipping. Still cheaper than the $23.00 from NAPA but the money I saved is what it costs me to wait for the bids to close and the shipping to get the parts here?. It gave you time to put the Christmas tree in the front yard and make someone happy. Snow is going to fly and you won't be driving that car before the first of the year. Have a Merry Christmas and start now! GPster

dragrcr50

Quote from: "jusjunk"They have early ford round back spindles in thier catalog and on the web site but if you order from the web they will be back ordered cause they arent selling them any more!  I tried getting a set thru kickinrods with king pins fitted and ready to go. It was a good deal cause brant got em for 180.00
Now it looks like im gonna pay 208.00 and get hosed shipping from speedway and pete and jakes.. Hopefully not...

Dave
just food for thought i got a set this week from them that was on back order for about 6 weeks??????????
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Dave

Quote from: "dragrcr50"
Quote from: "jusjunk"They have early ford round back spindles in thier catalog and on the web site but if you order from the web they will be back ordered cause they arent selling them any more!  I tried getting a set thru kickinrods with king pins fitted and ready to go. It was a good deal cause brant got em for 180.00

Dave
just food for thought i got a set this week from them that was on back order for about 6 weeks??????????

From who? speedway or pete and jakes? I got my xmas presents from speedway today and im hoping the spindles will be here tomorow as they were shipped from pete and jakes yesterday and they are a little closer than speedway? If not ill bet they show up tuesday. I also ordered a grille from an ebay dealer cause they had the best pricing and they claim a lifetime warranty  :?:  Hell i used them all up once already :?:
I hope its a nice piece. IF it is they have some other deals also and im thinkin. Kinda funny it was my last day at work and all i wanted was my checks and 3:30 to come. I didnt feel very xmassy :!:  Got home and found my parts and now its kickin in a bit.  Too bad even though I had this purchase planned and I got a pretty good bonus today its all gone.  :lol: I love internet shopping :wink:  I still get to keep the cash ive been hiding though ! At least till Sue finds it
Dave :!:

dragrcr50

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "dragrcr50"

Dave

From who? speedway or pete and jakes? I got my xmas presents from speedway today and im hoping the spindles will be here tomorow as they were shipped from pete and jakes yesterday and they are a little closer than speedway? If not ill bet they show up tuesday. I also ordered a grille from an ebay dealer cause they had the best pricing and they claim a lifetime warranty  :?:  Hell i used them all up once already :?:
I hope its a nice piece. IF it is they have some other deals also and im thinkin. Kinda funny it was my last day at work and all i wanted was my checks and 3:30 to come. I didnt feel very xmassy :!:  Got home and found my parts and now its kickin in a bit.  Too bad even though I had this purchase planned and I got a pretty good bonus today its all gone.  :lol: I love internet shopping :wink:  I still get to keep the cash ive been hiding though ! At least till Sue finds it
Dave :!:
speedway.........
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Bib_Overalls

Chassis Engineering sells spindles with three different snouts; original Ford, GM rotor, and MOPAR rotor.  Competitively priced.

Another cost consideration - original spindles have steering arms.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks