Rootlieb Hood

Started by Learpilot, December 19, 2006, 07:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Learpilot

I was thinking about getting a Rootlieb Hood and sides for my 36 Dodge.
I checked the price and for the top and two louvered sides with a double hinge it is over $1100.00. Does the price  sound about right and has anyone used there hoods ?

Thanks for all your input !
Rick Harris

HOTROD47

I can't speak much on the price as I have never bought one myself. I have painted a few different ones for friends and thought the quality to be really nice.
Copper Hill Rod & Custom

Charlie Chops 1940

I've used a lot of their hoods on A's, 32's and 33/34's and the sheer volume of hoods for those cars probably keeps the prices down A couple years ago a 32 4 pc. hood was $400-500 depending on louvers, etc. I don't know what they are right now though.

I have always been pleased with the quality of their products.

There used to be an outfit in Indiana called Hoosier Hoods - anyone know if they're still around?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

trackster

Hoosier Hoods is in Richmond, Indiana and is still in business.  I don't have an address or phone number (can't find the business card) but was talking to George, the owner, this past summer.  They make a quality product. Don't know how their prices are.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!