RE-intro......of sorts....

Started by Haywood, December 14, 2006, 09:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haywood

Hello again,

My name is Butch Pate from Murfreesboro,Tn. I signed on quite a while back as Sport N Woode. I lost track of time, my password, my mind....among other things and haven't been here for a long while. Luckily I got an e-mail from Fat Cat and got hooked back up and online. I have decided to go with my Poor Boy given name of "HAYWOOD".

I'm still working on the two 46 chevy trucks and have added a 30 chevy truck and a 40 chevy truck to the collection.

It's good to be back !!!  8)
Poor Boys  Tn

You don\'t build the car, the CAR builds you!

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Stick  around....You'll like it around here!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

Glad you came back. How about an update on your cars?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Normspeed

Murfeesboro, been through there years ago.  I think Grandadeo used to live nearby.  

Glad you came back.

papastoyss

Hi Butch, I'm David Midgett from Lebanon Tn. I have a ugly gray primer 47 ford coupe.Good to see another RRT er nearby. Saw Mike Howell aka Earl Schieb last nite, he's helping w/ some work on my car. Mike & I will be at our usual spot at Stone's River swap meet in Feb. Same old guys. same old junk!! Stop by & say hello
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

alchevy

Quote from: "papastoyss"Stone's River swap meet in Feb.

David, please give me some info on this swap meet.

Welcome back to the RRT, Butch. I'm South of y'all in Vicksburg, MS. You are not very far away from Columbia, TN. We found that place on the way home from the Nats in Louisville, KY a few years ago and ate at Stan's Restaurant. Enjoyed it so much, made it a regular stop when passing through that area.

You have quite a collection of Chevy Pickups. Interested in more info on your '30 Pickup. A friend of mine here in town (Ronnie) has a '31 and so does George (Purplepickup) on here. A few years ago when Ronnie bought his and I was going to Louisville, he asked me to take as many pictures of all of the '31s I saw up there. So I did....of George's since it was the only one I saw! I met George under the RRT tent the next year. Ronnie did his in rat rod style.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Haywood

Thanks for the welcome!!!

David, I think I met you last year at the swap meet. If not, I will at the next one.

40 Chevy, funny you should mentions Stan's. The guys in the club will all be meeting up there in a couple of weeks during the Frosty Wheels show.

Here's the 30 chevy I just bought. It apparantly was a four door sedan at one time and was cut down and made into a truck many years ago.
Poor Boys  Tn

Haywood

Here's a better shot of the back of the cab. As you can see it's rough, but it WAS a sedan.

Poor Boys  Tn

EMSjunkie

Welcome back 8)

if ya got too many trucks to work on, I'd prolly take one off yer hands :)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

papastoyss

40 Chevy & others:  Stones River AACA swap meet will be Sun. Feb 4 at Tn. State Fairgrounds Wedgewood Ave. exit off I 65 just south of downtown Nashville. Doors open at 6:30 AM. This is a good swap meet with lots of jun - er good stuff.  I'll post this again mid Jan. for folks like me who can't remember diddly .

alchevy

David, Thanks for the info on that swap meet, I may try to go to it. Sounds like a road trip to me! I will tell my friends about it. A couple of them have been to PATE in TX and to the one in Springfield, MO. These are pretty big ones. How many booths are at this one? Might be worth the trip just to see.

Butch, Since that one was a sedan, then it will be different than Ronnie's. Last time I was in Stan's, with a group on our way home from Louisville, one of the guys was reading the menu when the waitress asked him what he wanted drink. He said what he wanted was water with onion (he was reading onion at the time). When she brought out the drink orders, she had his glass of water with an onion on the top! Then she reached back and got one with a lemon on it.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

papastoyss

40 Chevy , it would be a rite fur piece for you to drive. I wouldn't go that far for it, but I live 30 miles away so it's easy for me to do the swap , plus we sit in our booth & get to see all our friends  we haven't seen in several months. The swap fills up 5 buildings + outside spots if weather permits.