Sears B2 Battery?

Started by butch27, December 10, 2006, 11:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch27

I found a Sears Die Hard Gold  battery that is only 4-1/2"  wide!  Perfect for my t bucket. It's  9" long and 7-1/2" high.  I can't find out what it is out of . Tried the BCI chart for a B2 battery group   NOTHING.   It has car terminals on it (not lawn tractor).  Has 495 CCA.  A great little battery.  Any ideas as to wht is goes in?

donsrods

Butch, I just found one made by Odyssey Battery Company that I am going to use in my T.  It is just over 3 inches wide, X 7 X 7 inches.  It has 680 cranking amps, and I was worried about it starting the SBC, but I spoke to the factory, and they are using this same battery in a '37 Chevy with a blown big block.

Here is a link.    www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc680mjt.htm

Price was like $ 98.00 + 10.00 shipping,and I got it in a few days.

I think this might solve your problem too.  Here is a picture of the one I bought.

Don

CruZer

These little batteries are also sold by Performance Distributors but are more expensive there. I had one in my '34 for eight years and it worked great even when I drained it down pretty bad. It finally quit this past autumn and I bought a new one.

butch27

Found out this is out of a '96 Integra.  It is a group 51r BUT it is narrower than the BCI demensions. I do prefer to stay with the old wet cell battery.

donsrods

Quote from: "butch27"I do prefer to stay with the old wet cell battery.

Why???  AGM batteries are superior in every respect.  No gassing, no liquid to spill or boil out, more kick, work upside down, recharge faster, and much longer life.

We use AGM's in the marine industry, and they are a definite step up from lead acid batteries.

Don