Roger Mingle's Teardrop

Started by Carnut, December 11, 2006, 06:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Very nice.  My brother says he is going to build one soon.  I will make sure that he looks at this one.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

1oilburner

That rules! So does the toe vehicle!
Hurry up and make the first cut already!!! midnightoilworks.com

t-vicky

carnut didnt tell you that I am trying to sell this teardrop so I can build  a new one.  
This is a vintage style teardrop that was built in 05.  It is 5ft. X8ft. Has a standard double bed. Has a 5000 BTU air cond, a microwave oven, all 110 volt, has a 12V fan & lights. Custom cabinets. Comes with a coleman cooler & camp stove.  A very nice camper.  Am asking $5500

Carnut

Guess that lazy SOB webmaster needs to get off his duff and create the web page with all the construction pics of the trailer. Think maybe he's off looking for one of those round toits.

donsrods

Real nice workmanship in that teardrop.  These things are just so cool, and I plan on building one to tow behind my '39 Dodge pickup.  Not only will it look old timey, but be really functional too.

I bet we start seeing a renewed interest in these in the future.

Don

purplepickup

Quote from: "donsrods"
I bet we start seeing a renewed interest in these in the future.

Don
There's a lot of people building teardrops now and lots more getting fired up to build one.  The show RV Crazy on the Travel Channel has stirred up a lot of interest.  Besides the people building them for nostalgic reasons there is a bunch of people doing it because they are light enough to tow behind the smaller fuel efficient cars nowadays.  They're fairly easy to build so people are able to make one that fits their needs and not spend too much doing it.  When they're done they have a real sense of accomplishment too.  Some of these people haven't built much of anything in their lives.  

There's a lot of info and support at this forum: http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/index.php
George

Normspeed

I use mine a lot.  It's a 46 home built that I freshened up a couple of years back.

donsrods

Thanks for that forum.  I've bookmarked it as there seems to be a lot of good info there.

Don