Mustang II cross members

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, December 09, 2006, 06:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"There are some washers available, I get mine from old AMC cars in a salvage yard, anyway the are serrated on both sides, and fit between the A frame, and the crossmember. Once it is tightened up, it won't slip, you have to kind of pry things apart to move the A frame. You will find these washers under the fender to firewall braces, where they bolt to the fender.

i was thinkin i'd just run a weld bead on each side of the slots. i like the idea of the washers better.

thanks jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

36vicky

Quote from: "enjenjo"There are some washers available, I get mine from old AMC cars in a salvage yard, anyway the are serrated on both sides, and fit between the A frame, and the crossmember. Once it is tightened up, it won't slip, you have to kind of pry things apart to move the A frame. You will find these washers under the fender to firewall braces, where they bolt to the fender.

Are they like star lock washers?  

Are large (enough) star lock washers available anywhere?  

Might save a winter trip to the "parts yard".  Just a thought.  Thanks, Tom G.
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

enjenjo

They are a flat washer, with serrations on both sides.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.