I dunno?????????????

Started by Dave, December 08, 2006, 04:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Man its chilly out > I just cant get excited about hunting and i dont wanna work on the roadster till i get the new front end parts in. I did get the new street rodder today and im gonna search the net for some programming info for work. Ha you say for work! Well normally i wouldnt but ive seen quite a few jobs on the internet and with allen bradley programing experience they pay up to 65 k a year.. At least be a good thing to know!  Im going surfing. You can still do that and drink. Then im gonna curl up in the lazyboy with the dog and read the new mag...... Oh ya I should go get some meat off the porch so when sue gets home from shopping we got sumpin for dinner. Last night was good we had crab legs and the dog dont like them so there wernt no tooth marks in em
Dave :lol:

GPster

Quote from: "jusjunk"Man its chilly out   Im going surfing   curl   Dave :lol:
Boy you're hard to follow. You should be looking for a job on the computor at work. Better than that you should be looking for a management job on your bosses computor at work using his name. That way they'll think he's looking to better himself on company time and software. GPster

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Man its chilly out   Im going surfing   curl   Dave :lol:
Boy you're hard to follow. You should be looking for a job on the computor at work. Better than that you should be looking for a management job on your bosses computor at work using his name. That way they'll think he's looking to better himself on company time and software. GPster

Good one joe but I dont think so :!:  I found some info i was looking for for my programing but ill have to read it later. I got 3 articles printed out so maybe that will help. Ive got the machine running but ive got a couple issues and this being a new to me PLC (programable  logic controller) Im kind stumped. The problem is most everyone you talk to has experience and think just because you can program another brand well do this?  Of course the headache with my boss doesnt help trying to research and figure out how to do what i want it to do!  Ive only been working on it for 2 days and like i said it will drill and sequence so that part works. Im trying to get the hang of the bit shift so i can count good and bad parts and remove them at a certian station when the machine sequences to that position. I just dont have time to program at work and also search the net and ask for info on the plc bulletin boards. Im doing this fior me. Hopefully ill get it figured out and ill look a little better in some peoples eyes at work and ill also have the knowledge i need for the future. Ill see what next week brings.. Might be my lucky week. ?
Dave

slocrow

Quote from: "jusjunk"and with allen bradley programing experience they pay up to 65 k a year..:
Hey Dave; It can't be so bad that you're attracted to ads that offer a 50%+ pay cut, just to get away from that working place pressure. After all, we're here for you to come and vent your workplace pressures, while you enjoy Mr. Gin.
Those parts will be calling you to the garage all too soon.
And now, curl up on that bark-o-lounger, add some liquid to your container and get into that new issue of Tom Corbet, Space Cadet. You'll feel a lot better and the cold will be a far away memory. :P>
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"
Quote from: "jusjunk"and with allen bradley programing experience they pay up to 65 k a year..:
Hey Dave; It can't be so bad that you're attracted to ads that offer a 50%+ pay cut, just to get away from that working place pressure. After all, we're here for you to come and vent your workplace pressures, while you enjoy Mr. Gin.
Those parts will be calling you to the garage all too soon.
And now, curl up on that bark-o-lounger, add some liquid to your container and get into that new issue of Tom Corbet, Space Cadet. You'll feel a lot better and the cold will be a far away memory. :P>

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I love you Frank I really Really do.....
Dave

Carps

I'll gladly trade your chilly for our dry hot and smokey (seems like half our state is on fire at presnt and the smoke blanket is thicker than a London fog.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Dave

Quote from: "Carps"I'll gladly trade your chilly for our dry hot and smokey (seems like half our state is on fire at presnt and the smoke blanket is thicker than a London fog.

Gee that doesnt sound good Carps. Sounds like some of the stuff that california gets.  :?:  Well its almost noon here and ive got very little done :?: I have sent out a request for a quote for more parts for the roadster project and ive cleaned up the hamradio/computer room and ive also scanned and printed some photos for the boss of the house! :!: Its still cold out but its sunny so I think im headed out to wash my truck then ill put it in the heated garage and wipe er down. Maybe even hit the woods this evening for a while.
Tomorrow is a run to ohio in the morning stopping at enjenjo's for a bit on the way back then who knows what. Im am going to go by the big sporting goods store Cabelas on the return trip and there is always sumpin i could use :wink:
Stay safe there.
Dave

Carps

We don't usually get the bushfires until Feb, when summer has dried everything out.  However, we haven't had any rain to speak of this winter so much of the place is already tinder box dry and the temps are high with strong north (hot n dry)  winds coming in off the desert.  Add to that a few greenie issues and the fact that theres more fuel on the ground as a result and you have a recipie for exactly what's happening.

Considering your problem, does the 'boss' take a relaxin' leisurly stroll on the weekends?

Do the busses run in his neighbourhood on the weekends?   :twisted:
Carps

Dave

Quote from: "Carps"We don't usually get the bushfires until Feb, when summer has dried everything out.  However, we haven't had any rain to speak of this winter so much of the place is already tinder box dry and the temps are high with strong north (hot n dry)  winds coming in off the desert.  Add to that a few greenie issues and the fact that theres more fuel on the ground as a result and you have a recipie for exactly what's happening.

Considering your problem, does the 'boss' take a relaxin' leisurly stroll on the weekends?

Do the busses run in his neighbourhood on the weekends?   :twisted:

I dont think the guy even leaves his house unless he is in a secure area. (read chicken S^&t ) LOL he fired a handicapped 1 armed guy who really did a good job and he was so scared of him he went another way to work for about 4 months. Yup he is a tuff guy. (read P&&&Y)  :wink: We have a deal in my old town every summer and we have a beer tent etc. He said he didnt feel safe going to the beer tent. well if youve * off 4 countys worth of people and they all want revenge . Im documenting everything now and im covering my azz. You knock me down on a raise it better be gone over well before my evaluation. Im asking for copies of all my work orders and id like em approved or not approved and reasons. Ha you got me all worked up again...... I love it....... So do you go to the sprint car races a lot? I cant remeber is it palmettia or sumpin ?  I heard some one had a bad deal there a week ago or so? I need to sell all my stuff and go back to wrenching.. travel and set up sprint cars and drink beer after the shows.......Hell i could sell t shirts to. The most fun i ever had was wrenching . But i never saw a race till our car was on the track. thats bull sssssssss too dedicated to one car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave :?:  :?:  :?:

Carps

Quote from: "jusjunk"I dont think the guy even leaves his house unless he is in a secure area. (read chicken S^&t )
Why am i not sirprised?  This guys sounds like a text book case to me.

QuoteSo do you go to the sprint car races a lot?
Not as much as I should since we stopped racing.

QuoteI cant remeber is it palmettia or sumpin ?  I heard some one had a bad deal there a week ago or so?
Parramatta  :wink:  didn't hear about it, bus since that track is in Sydney I don't get there much anymore to see the racing.  Yt's a fast track but has no wall, just the clay 'cushion' and if you go over it, you are in what is known locally as 'deep doo doos!'.

QuoteI need to sell all my stuff and go back to wrenching.. travel and set up sprint cars and drink beer after the shows
Sounds like a good deal to me, cept I aint allowed to drink beer anymore, even if I wanted to.   :(

QuoteBut i never saw a race till our car was on the track. thats bull sssssssss too dedicated to one car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But when that one car is winning, man is it good!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

David Murcott who used to drive old No 71 had a couple of lean years after returning from the US and getting a bum deal from the bloke who hired him to drive his expensive car.  They had all the right stuff but no clue how to marry it all together and the car was a pig.  David tipped it over a couple of times and just couldn't get a handle on it and the boss just wouldn't hear that the set-up was wrong.  Told our boy he was a driver not the crew chief etc. etc.  Fired him after three events because he'd failed to win.  Put another driver in the car who after his first drive proclaimed publically, "N wonder Dave Murcott couldn'ty do anythng with the tem, that car is a pig.!" then promptly quit.

So after a couple of seasons in sprintcar wilderness Dave's back i the saddle in a small team not unlike our old one, albeit with a few more dollars for some good equipment and he's holding third place in the national championship.  How so?  Coz they do what we used to do.  Dave knows the car and the track, so nobody touches the car until the driver and crew cheif have sussed out the set-up and decided together on what needs to be done for the next heat.

I always said he'd be the national champ, looks like he's on the way.  Maybe not this year, but everybody sure as hell knows he's there.   :lol:
Carps