Knoxville rooms

Started by chopped, December 12, 2006, 09:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chopped

Trying to get my ducks in a row for spring N.S.R.A. Any tips on where to stay?  Thanks, Skip

alchevy

I've never been to Knoxville, but I have heard that some like to stay in Pigeon Forge and the women shop all day (there) while the men enjoy the event.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Off of the subject, but have you heard about this event in Douglasville, GA?

Kruise For Kids - Saturday, May 19, 2007. This event will host over 500 vehicles and will include lots of fun, food and live entertainment as well as our special guest Sam Memmolo from 2 GUYs Garage. Goody bags, dash plaques, and a chance on a specially designed NEON clock commemorating this event. Door prizes will also be given out and a live auction will be held.

WilburHGuy@aol.com sent the info to me.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

purplepickup

Skip, we used to go to Knoxville every year and we usually stayed at one of the motels on West 40.  It's not a bad drive to Chillowee Park but far enough away that the rates weren't jacked way up.  I don't know if that has changed or not.  I've stayed in the Red Roof Inn and Super 8 and both were good enough for me.
George

papastoyss

We stay at Super 8 at I-75 & Merchants Rd. Its a Hindu Hilton but the owners are very nice to us & actually act like they appreciate our business. The rooms are clean & plenty of places to feed your face nearby.Any where you stay will be packed with rods as all motels fill up so get your room nailed down early. Nothing like Knoxville in the Spring!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

chopped

Thanks for the tips, I'll check into them today.