Dynamat

Started by Okiedokie, November 29, 2006, 12:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okiedokie

I have coated my 40 coupe in and out with Lizard Skin. Wondering if Dynamat would be a worthwhile addition. Anyone used it or have any insight? Joe

Dave

Quote from: "Joe Gaddy"I have coated my 40 coupe in and out with Lizard Skin. Wondering if Dynamat would be a worthwhile addition. Anyone used it or have any insight? Joe

Never tried the stuff my self. i just got cheap insutalion in the coupe and the problem is air leaks around the doors. the car stays kinda cool other than that. Wonder what im gonna do about air leaks with a roadster :lol:  8)  :D
Dave

rumrumm

I would think that a layer of the aluminum foil backed jute placed between the Lizard Skin and your carpet would be enough. Adding DynaMat would mean a lot  of money in insulation cost, and I don't know if you would  actually gain that much more.  I used a combination of DynaMat and the jute. My interior is pretty quiet--all I hear is the whine of the gear drive. It does a really good job muffling the exhaust and it is a little on the loud side (DynaMax Ultraflows).
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Carnut

I dynamated the floors in all my cars.

Due to some idiocy on my part I had to remove all the carpet and padding in my PT Cruiser. Before I replaced the padding and carpet I dynamated the floor in the PT.

Guess you could say I like the stuff.