Upholstery Recomends - Shops in Indy, Terre Haute, East IL

Started by msuguydon, November 22, 2006, 11:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

I warned you guys that I would ask a zillion new guy questions

Any recommendations on guys or shops in the Indy, Terre Haute, Western In, Eastern IL area that do good interior work.

Already have seats, need door panels, head liner, arm rests etc.. I am planning to do the carpet myself.

The interior is not stock, so I am not trying to get back to original.

Don't want to and can't afford to spend a fortune.

Thanks
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Beck

Quote from: "msuguydon"Any recommendations on guys or shops in the Indy, Terre Haute, Western In, Eastern IL area that do good interior work.

can't afford to spend a fortune.

Thanks

I found a guy like this a few years ago. Then I told friends about him. They told their freinds. Now he is so busy I can't get an appointment. The price went up with the increase of bussiness too. He still does super work.

phat rat

just remember the old adage "you get what you pay for" I think upholstery horror stories must rank right up in the top 3 for car stories
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

msuguydon

Quote from: "phat rat"just remember the old adage "you get what you pay for" I think upholstery horror stories must rank right up in the top 3 for car stories

AHHHHHHHH, as the new guy.... first time... custom car owner.. you just scared the poop out of me.... please give me some more info...
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

phat rat

Quote from: "msuguydon"
Quote from: "phat rat"just remember the old adage "you get what you pay for" I think upholstery horror stories must rank right up in the top 3 for car stories

AHHHHHHHH, as the new guy.... first time... custom car owner.. you just scared the poop out of me.... please give me some more info...

Look at previous auto upholstery they have done and talk to the people who have had it awhile. This way you know it will hold up. I spent more than I would've thought in the beginning because I trusted the person doing it from previous jobs he'd done for a friend. Another friend thought the guy was to expensive and he found someone (a furniture upholsterer) who said sure I can do it. Well after about the 5th redo and more leather being bought because of all the needle holes he and his wife managed to get it straight enough to satisfy them. The interior is tri tone and the pleats of the same color didn't even come close to lining up between the back seat top and bottom cushions in the beginning( they were a whole pleat off). Some people can do it and others don't have a clue. Also will the person do it in the style you want or are they only capable of seeing it the way they want to?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Quote from: "msuguydon"

How about seats that would look at home in a school bus, or a professionally done top that tears the first time it's folded.

Look at cars a cruise nights and shows, then ask who did them. Make sure you know what to look for.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.