RRT BBQ Trailer

Started by enjenjo, March 28, 2004, 08:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Here's what we have done. A little more welding and we have a frame. Then get it ready for paint.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

It is 6' long, 4' wide, and 2' high. It had to be that big to get everything we have into it. There will be a top and ends that split, and open to each side forming a table on each side.

enjenjo

We have pretty much settled on painted aluminum for the outside. But we do want to have stainless table tops. 22 guage would be thick enough, we will put rigid foam under it. We could also use some heavier stuff to make the grille itself out of, 16 or 18 guage, and it can be much smaller pieces. we are working on something on the stainless right now, if we need any help, we'll let you know.

On decoration, the basic trailer body will be black, and there will be roughly 100 square foot of surface. A plate measures about 1/2 square foot, so my thought is to allow each member who likes 1/2 square foot of area to decorate as he sees fit, within the bounds of good taste. Any one who likes can send, or deliver a licence plate size, 6" by 12", decoration. If it's a licence plate, I would prefer to see something special rather than just a generic plate. If you want something other than a plate, then just do it on a piece of whatever works, 6" by 12". We don't have to cover it all, but we will try to accommodate all who want to participate.

purplepickup

It looks like you had some spring weather this weekend too.  I went for a bike ride

Probably should have come down to watch you work
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

The personalized plate from both my '47 Chevy and Big Odls reads LIV2CRZ, is this "special" enough or do I have to give up one of my vintage plates?   I also might do something original and unique if there is room left over after everyone who wants to has contributed.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

That would be fine Denise.  I just don't want to use up the space with generic plates, I want them to be special, at least to someone.

Charlie Chops 1940

Frank,

Punched the louver panel tonight - on a piece of .062". Eight rows of 10 3" louvers. Tires have been dismounted but I need to give them a good scrub yet. The Mullins trailer went to B-ville without mishap last year so a load of tires oughtn't be a strain. See ya-all mens and ladies on Saturday.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

Sounds good Charlie, see you then.

Fat Cat

So Charlie do you feel like volunteering to polish a trio of aluminum rims to mount those tires on? :twisted:

Charlie Chops 1940

I don't know...I've had a little touch of anal glaucoma...can't see my a_ _ doing that. However, if you got a buffing jack and an experienced buffing guy I'll supervise him.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

HotRodLadyCrusr

I can buff with the best of them  :roll:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Charlie Chops 1940

Hmmmm. To be sure, my dear!

Charlie

A Hooligan!

Fat Cat

and it would appear that she really can buff with the best of them.