Cuttin away the metal

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, November 26, 2006, 10:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I've been workin on my 62 Morris.  

Mostly cyphering.  I figured out today  the ride height I set the body at is waaay too low .  I sorta figured it was too low when I set the body on my frame jig.

Today I cut the fuel tank out of the body.  I cut around the tank about 2 inches out .  My plasma cutter worked great through the rust

It was so rusted up I could not get the tank's screws to the body out.  So much for rust free AZ cars.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

Should I be concerned about you cutting out a gastank with a plasma cutter? Sometimes an empty tank is the last realization that people have.
GPster

purplepickup

Ha!  You call that rust?  If that was a Michigan car the gas tank would have fallen out a long time ago and the hole above it would have been a lot bigger.  Who needs plasma cutters....we've got road salt :|

Actually, I think '62 Morris's are extinct in Michigan. :cry:
George

Grandadeo

George, there's western rust and then there's real, I mean eastern rust.  Its like the old Project X '57 chevy years ago.  The California magazine guys said they started with a kinda rough '57 - that any east coast guy would have killed for.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Bob Paulin

Gee, Tony:

I feel bad for you.

I don't often run into the sort of rust problems you describe.

You see, in Maine, that tank would have fallen out on its own a l-o-n-g time ago.

lol!

B.P.
"Cheating only means you really care about winning" - Red Green