Mating season about to begin - Body to Chassis

Started by Scrap Fe, November 27, 2006, 09:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrap Fe

Spent most of the Thanksgiving week end putting my chassis together after powder coating.  The drive train consists of a Chevy ZZ430 clone, T-56 trans and a 9" Ford with 4.11 Trak Loc.  The front suspension is a Chassis Engineering Mustang ll set up with 11" Granada rotors and GM calipers.  The rear suspension is a triangulated 4 bar of my own design with QA1 coil overs and a Deuce Factory stabilizer bar.  It is extremely tight back there forcing me to run the tail pipes underneath the rear axle.

The body was media blasted followed by a light sand blast and a couple of coats of zinc chromate primer.  I was extremely pleased with the body after media blasting.  This is the nicest body I have ever worked on in my 40+ years of playing with cars.  There are several pin holes in each of the rear fender wells which I plan to lead and a couple of patch panels on the pan below the trunk lid.

After the body work is complete, back to the body shop for urethane primer and start the long task of block sanding.  This car will be black so several cycles of priming and blocking are in store.  The body will be mounted to the chassis before the final top coat is applied.

After owning the car for 24 years, I can start to see daylight.  Hopefully, I can drive it next year without interior.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b388/b_inchicago/39_Chevy_Construction_066.jpg

phat46

Lookin' good Rick, It has been a long road! Are you planning on driving next year?

Bob K

WOW, Looking good Rick, did Shelia help you?

Maggie and I liked the patina, you should show the guys the Before pictures.

Looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel.

B :D B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Charlie Chops 1940

Dang Rick, that looks great. After all these years it's got to be gratifying.

Good job,

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

river1

here are your other pics.

car looks good

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Scrap Fe

Jim,

Thanks for posting the other two photos.  This was my first attemp and I made several rookie mistakes.  It is much easier to build the car than to post photos and less frustrating.