PayPal

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, December 09, 2006, 06:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

This probably sounds dumb...but where does the money in a refund through PayPal go? As in, I paid through PayPal with a non-PayPal Master Card, then returned the goods for a refund, which refund then went to PayPal. Does PayPal then credit back to my credit card? Anybody know?

Thanks,

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

MrMopar64

Paypal "should" credit your card........ But they could also put the money in your PayPal account so you prob want'a watch both so your sure it shows up  :wink:

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

dragrcr50

Charlie, I think it will go to your paypal account and you will have to withdraw to bank or???
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Crosley.In.AZ

Money should be returned to place it came from...... some fee$ may apply ??

:mrgreen:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

40 Chev Coupe

I had the same experience with PayPal. They credited my Paypal account, not my credit card. You have to request that Paypal transfer it to a bank account.
That's what I had to do.

I also had a refund a couple of weeks ago....went to my account to see how it was handled....It appears they credited my credit card account.It shows the refund to paypal and then a credit to my card account.I need to try and remember to check and be sure that it shows up on my statement.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Uncle Bob

Another confirmation that it gets applied to your Paypal balance and then you have to use it in another purchase, transfer it, or request a check.

Now an additional note.  Last week I got an email from "Paypal" telling me I'd gotten a "refund" on something I'd purchased a few months ago.  Yep, you guessed it.............a phishing expedition.  I hadn't requested such a refund.  The game was to get you to click the link, which took you to a "Paypal" looking page that asked for your pass word to "access the credit entry".  Be very careful of these, the thieves are very creative.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

rooster

Quote from: "Uncle Bob"

Now an additional note.  Last week I got an email from "Paypal" telling me I'd gotten a "refund" on something I'd purchased a few months ago.  Yep, you guessed it.............a phishing expedition.  I hadn't requested such a refund.  The game was to get you to click the link, which took you to a "Paypal" looking page that asked for your pass word to "access the credit entry".  Be very careful of these, the thieves are very creative.

I get these too. I dont open, look at, or except e-mails from e-bay or paypal!  I operate on the theam "dont call me Ill call you". The Web is loaded with BS!