I feel violated

Started by 48ford, November 20, 2006, 09:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

We live on a state highway and coming home We noticed something was wrong.
Some one clear cut the front of our property,I'm saying it's naked.and then they left the tree stumps!
I know the power company started clear cutting after they got in trouble for knocking out power to a few states a year or two ago,but I thought they were stoped from cutting everyones trees.
I keep them cut back myself.
We will be dead before something grows back.
This is bad :cry:
Russ&Irene

58 Yeoman

By the looks of some of the tree 'trimming' that the power companies have done in my area,  they should've just cut the trees down completely.  Picture a huge bushy tree, with a big U shaped cut out of the middle of it.  Looks real purty.  Or, how about a huge bushy tree, with the whole front of it lopped off, leaving a lop-sided 'other half' hanging out the back?

Sorry to hear about your loss.  You're right, it will take many years to get trees back.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat rat

Had a similar thing happen in a little town a few miles from me. City fathers got all in an uproar but there was nothing they could do as the power company has the right to keep their right of way clear, no ifs, no ands, no buts about it. Anything within I think 15 ft of the lines was cut whether it was branches or the tree. I saw some that would have looked better if they would have taken the whole tree down. Some look as though someone is going to use them for a totem pole in the future. Some of these trees were 2 ft and better in diameter so they weren't recent plantings. I'm suprised that you weren't made aware of it ahead of time. They did a little trimming on my property but they were out here about 4 months in advance and talked with me about what needed to be done. I did my own trimming except for what needed a bucket truck as I don't trust them after some of the work I seen them do
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

I got a notice in the mail the first of the summer saying they were gonna trim behind my house where the lines are and we would all be contacted? no show. No trimming..
Dave

entodad

I have had the same happen to me.
I have a 65 acre tree farm in southern Arkansas.  My sons and I planted some 36,000 pine trees over the past six years there.  Last year Entergy corp.  (Local power company) sent a crew out to clear the right of way...I checked, the row is 20 feet.  They cut a swath through my tree investment that in some places was 120 feet wide....boy was I mad..This is my retirement money....
I called and complained and the company sent a rep out...he had the gall to say that the trees were not cut by his crews since they were still green...they cut them in November, and I complained in December....
Pine trees do not turn brown for up to several months in the winter...
I estimate that they cut about 3, maybe 4 acres in all....I have since posted my property about cutting and have let the company know that I will file suit if they send another crew on my property to cut trees without my knowledge...Don't know if it will do me any good though...
Doug
WaChiss......(famous last hillbilly word)

EMSjunkie

We don't have that problem here in the TX Panhandle.

We ain't got no trees :shock:  :shock:

the Indians took them all when they moved to the reservations :-o

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

old32

It happens the word over, our power company just cut back a tree in front of my place because it was within 15ft of the powerlines.   15Ft underneath and to the side does not seem like its going to cause any trouble for a few years yet.
:twisted:  :twisted: The Older I Get The Faster I Was :twisted:  :twisted: