Internet shopping.

Started by Dave, November 25, 2006, 01:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Ok found small block # 3 a little while ago. Im trying to get back with the guy :!: (hope this isnt a bad omen)  :wink:  This one is a 305 but hear me out. Its been rebuilt and didnt reqiure a bore job. Its got a supposedly new edelbrock 600 and an aluminum intake (forgot what brand) chrome goodies a cam and the guy said it ran strong. 500 clams. Oh ya its got an alternator too. So if i want to buy a carb and an intake and a cam and an alt... Ive got almost 500 bucks in that already. also if i buy the 1400 crate motor ive got to have a balancer ,oil filter adapter, water pump ,pulleys, on and on and on.

Im thinking......... actually im gonna get down there tomorrow.. its another hour and 1/2 drive
Dave :wink:

Its set for tomorrow about 9 am... Im going to StClair Shores? we got any rrt
members close? 13 mile and evergreen....... Im going huntin now...... :roll:

EMSjunkie

Third times a charm Bro. 8)

got my fingers crossed for ya. :!:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Well i got home bout 11 am with the engine.. I decided it was so nice out id go to the parts store and get some degreaser and get started. Kind of messed up my hunting cause i didnt look at my watch in time to get out for the afternoon-evening hunt! Oh well. its nice out. I think ill leave it out? Thats what dad used to say :!:  I cleaned all afternoon and im gonna work on it some more tomorrow. Weather says 52 tomorrow here so ill work outside again cleaning the engine . My plan is to set it in the frame and fire er up sometime this week . maybe as early as tomorrow if things go good. I need to get some starter bolts but i do have a starter (hope it works) and it looks like the right one. I pulled the valve covers and there doesnt seem to be any sludge in the heads and the oil is clean also. Im gonna change it anyway. Yup its got a edelbrock 600 electric choke on it and an offenhouser intake but :?:  :?:  :?:  :?: What I didnt see was the intake is welded at the back on both sides :?:  :?: Im glad i talked him down on price :!:  But its still wasnt low enuff for a cracked intake :!: OH ya as per used engines you get to find all kinda of fun stuff. Its  center bolt head engine and they torqued the valve covers down enuff (they say tiwan on em but thier kinda shiny) to brake one bolt and mushroom the dealies that the bolts go thru. Ya.,,, never mind ill fix it.  I cant say it wasnt an adventure :wink:  I was going with the flow right down 696 doing 90 this morning on the return trip Yeee Hawwwwwwwww .. I got home early.
WAS A LONG DRIVE BUT WE SHALL SEE WHAT HAPPENS NOW> He did give me a bill of sale in case i need to sue him :!:  :lol:
Stay tuned for the rest of the story. If I can figure out the movie mode on my camera ill do a movie of the start up. Oh ya I did pull the plugs and interestingly enuff they just look like the thing was running rich when they pulled it. I sure hope he wasnt bsing me and it really has a cam in it. I wanna go fast and i wanna do it now  8)  8)  :lol:
Anyway ..............................................................................

Remember all im building this to sell. I dont want to screw anyone but im trying to conserve money to make money. Ive been off work long enuff again that id call in quit if i could afford it. Sue wants me to but its not gonna happen just yet.  Ive been having a ball this time. If i wanna hunt the morning i get up if i dont ........... Im sure reality will set in again when I get back... Yup same ........ Different month
Dave :wink:  :!:  :idea:  :arrow:

tomslik

sooo, ya need a bolt?
i can get ya one in the mail... :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

Quote from: "tomslik"sooo, ya need a bolt?
i can get ya one in the mail... :lol:
Well the one that broke was a regular 1/4 20 bolt not even the right bolt for the cover. Im short some on the other side also. Looks like im just gonna have to get a full set and be done with it. I appreciate the offer but my best shot right now is to fire it up and make sure its ok before i get crazy on more parts. Ill work on it tomorrow and if all goes well ill have it setting in the frame and gettin ready for a battery charger and a can of gas.......

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"Ill work on it tomorrow and if all goes well ill have it setting in the frame and gettin ready for a battery charger and a can of gas.......

How about Audio and Video of it? Or at least of you sitting inside the frame holding a steering wheel and making "vroom vroom" noises... :wink:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Ill work on it tomorrow and if all goes well ill have it setting in the frame and gettin ready for a battery charger and a can of gas.......

How about Audio and Video of it? Or at least of you sitting inside the frame holding a steering wheel and making "vroom vroom" noises... :wink:  :lol:

Im not gonna take the body back off right now so you can make fun of me Bryan. Well .. how much ya got :?:  I have the body back on to fit the hood and i also re installed the windshield frame and was looking at that. I thought there was a problem but the guy had everything together bass ackwards! I do have new pics and ill take more this week. Im headed to the parts store this morning to get some goodys to keep me going and ill prolly go back tomorrow. I guess if everyone thinks its soo boring here I need to get cracking and do a week by week picture post