Well it runs.

Started by Dave, November 27, 2006, 02:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Seems ya cant buy anything thats as advertised these days. I got the engine running  No time for videos yet. Its got great oil pressure and doesnt smoke a bit, but when i drained the oil it was a mess and it seems like it had fuel in it. Funny it looked clen on the stick ? Oh ya I had to tear the carb apart and clean it too. The oil has a certian milkyness to it but its dark not like it had water in it. Ill prolly change it a couple more times. I need to finish cleaning the outside and throw a coat of paint on it. Im sure ive got a vaccum leak and in fact i dont even have a pcv on it yet so thats not helping it but like i said it runs and has good oil pressure. I gotta run im heading to pick up the kid and go hunting. I came in the house to find my puker died . The cpu fan quit so I did emergency sugery on it ill see if it runs till i get home  :wink:

Dave :arrow:

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"Seems ya cant buy anything thats as advertised these days. I got the engine running  No time for videos yet. Its got great oil pressure and doesnt smoke a bit, but when i drained the oil it was a mess and it seems like it had fuel in it.

The guy wasn't using an on/off switch to make the motor a fuel dump for a flamethrower was he?   :?:
Patiently waiting on the video... :roll:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Seems ya cant buy anything thats as advertised these days. I got the engine running  No time for videos yet. Its got great oil pressure and doesnt smoke a bit, but when i drained the oil it was a mess and it seems like it had fuel in it.

The guy wasn't using an on/off switch to make the motor a fuel dump for a flamethrower was he?   :?:
Patiently waiting on the video... :roll:  :D

No i think he was a dumb * and the carb was screwed up so he filled er with fuel? Of course im no genius and I admit it. Since when did they make small blocks with provisions for a mechanical fuel pump and a place for the push rod and everything and nothing on the cam to drive it?  I had an electric pump but i was looking for my new mechanical and i dropped the electric one  :twisted:  :twisted:  Ya im stupid. I made it work though.. I do know though that if you give me a small block and tell me it runs and i can get spark and fuel to it ill make it run hanging on the new cherry picker :lol:  Just some wires and rubber hose and were cruzin :lol:  8)  :)  :D
Dave

GPster

Maybe he thought he could just put a carb on it and use the electric fuel pump in the tank. And why would I need to put some pressure regulator on the line, I'm just going to sell it, why buy an extra piece, I'm going to unload the motor anyway. GPster

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"Maybe he thought he could just put a carb on it and use the electric fuel pump in the tank. And why would I need to put some pressure regulator on the line, I'm just going to sell it, why buy an extra piece, I'm going to unload the motor anyway. GPster

Thanks joe just what i needed :?:  :?:  :?:  A little pickme up  :lol:  :lol:
I just told sue i was gonna go to bed and she said what about me i gotta do dishes :?:  I told her get em done and dont wake me when you come in. :!:
Dam im sure gettin used to not working :!:   :lol:  :lol:  8)
Dave
ps: we didnt see a single deer again tonite. im thinnin its too warm