Head Liner - Windshield Removal Question - 58 Chevy

Started by msuguydon, November 22, 2006, 09:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

I recently found and purchased the windshield trim for my 58.  I have to have the windshield pulled to install the trim.

I have been told, but cannot seem to get a definite answer that I may have to have the windshield out to install the headliner.  If I do, I want to get both items done before I slap the wind screen back into the car.

Does anyone have any experience with a 58 head liner?

Thanks
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

enjenjo

The windshield seal holds the headliner in place at the front. So yes it would be best to do them both at the same time.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

msuguydon

Quote from: "enjenjo"The windshield seal holds the headliner in place at the front. So yes it would be best to do them both at the same time.
UGGGGG  Thanks for the answer, not the answer I wanted  :cry:

enjenjo

Then you really don't want to know that the rear window seal holds it in place in the back too. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

msuguydon

Quote from: "enjenjo"Then you really don't want to know that the rear window seal holds it in place in the back too. :shock:

Your killing ME!  YOU ARE KILLING ME !!

Next think you are gonna tell me is that it is illegal to date sheep in TEXAS  :shock:

Wait, WAIT... do not tell me about SANTA ....

kb426

Might as well order 2 rubber gaskets and use a knife to cut out the present ones. This will be less expensive than 2 pieces of glass after you break both of them trying to remove them. Use extreme caution.
TEAM SMART

msuguydon

Quote from: "kb426"Might as well order 2 rubber gaskets and use a knife to cut out the present ones. This will be less expensive than 2 pieces of glass after you break both of them trying to remove them. Use extreme caution.

I am NOT removing them... have a local glass guy that is in the HOT Rod club... he will be pulling the glass.    I know my limitations