electrical relay

Started by tom36, December 05, 2006, 07:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom36

I want to be able to lower the drivers window from a key fob remote.  I believe that I will need a double pole double throw relay to do this.  Some time ago,someone, I believe it was Enjenjo or Skip, posted a site where they bought electrical connectors, relays and connectors and that sort of stuff.  Unfortunately, when I had a 'puter meltdown I lost the site.  Anybody have this or any site that they buy electrical stuff from?
 Thanks, Tom..

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "tom36"I want to be able to lower the drivers window from a key fob remote.  I believe that I will need a double pole double throw relay to do this.  Some time ago,someone, I believe it was Enjenjo or Skip, posted a site where they bought electrical connectors, relays and connectors and that sort of stuff.  Unfortunately, when I had a 'puter meltdown I lost the site.  Anybody have this or any site that they buy electrical stuff from?
 Thanks, Tom..

I think it is Delcity.  I took a quick look and did not find what you asked for.  Here is a link to their relays  http://www.delcity.net/delcity/servlet/catalog?parentid=306&page=1&kc=z6blD&promo=Google2

Interesting question you have.  I am thinking about it.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

MrMopar64

I did that for both windows on the Rambler up and down........
I got the parts here... http://www.orvac.com/

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

tom36

Del city-- Yes thats the one I was thinking of.  They don't show any relays like I'm looking for though---back to the drawing board.  Thanks, Tom...

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tom36

Quote from: "MrMopar64"I did that for both windows on the Rambler up and down........
I got the parts here... http://www.orvac.com/

MM64  8)

Did you use dpdt Relays?  Got any part#'s ?  That orvac site doesn't seem to want to co operate for me.  Thanks, Tom..

MrMopar64

Yes thats what I used........ I run 2 for each window 1up and 1 down
I don't have a part number off hand... I just know where they are in the store  :lol:
If you want some let me know and I can pick them up and send them to you......Orvac is not to far from me They run about 4 or 5 bucks They also sell a plug for them so you don't have a bunch of separate wires to deal with they run about 2 or 3 bucks

Just let me know

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "tom36"I want to be able to lower the drivers window from a key fob remote.  I believe that I will need a double pole double throw relay to do this.  Some time ago,someone, I believe it was Enjenjo or Skip, posted a site where they bought electrical connectors, relays and connectors and that sort of stuff.  Unfortunately, when I had a 'puter meltdown I lost the site.  Anybody have this or any site that they buy electrical stuff from?
 Thanks, Tom..

I found these for a ridiculous price.  http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/Autoloc/search.lasso?search=relay

It seems to me that you could use 4 single relays to do the job.  I have the wiring in my head to do it that way.  I buy relays from Haywire for $5. each with a pigtail included.  Looks like you may have found a source for the others at a good price.  If that does not work out, let me know and we will visit about what I came up with.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

MrMopar64

The 40 amp and Relay socket in the link WZ Junk posted are the same that Orvac has....

You could use SPST for the job but the DPDT seem to be eaiser to find
Not sure what Orvac has in SPST  :?  

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com

sirstude

Check ebay, I get the spdt Bosch for a couple of bucks apiece in lots of 25 or so.  Probably have some dpdt there.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us