O.T. Race horse request

Started by phat46, April 17, 2004, 07:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

I am looking for a url to the call of the 1973 Belmont Stakes horserace. I need the call only, no video. The race was called by a gentleman named Chick Anderson. Secretariat won the race by 31 lenghts.  My daughter is a horse NUT and had this url at one time but after switching computers and not being online for a long period she can't find it. I know it's "a long shot" (ha ha) but maybe someone here is also a horse racing person and knows where to find it.

Kustm52

river1

brian,

man what a great site, you could get lost for hours on that site and enjoy it all.

thanks jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Kustm52

Quote from: "Crosley"Very interesting site

I see that link didn't work as intended...try this.

http://www.authentichistory.com/audio/1970s/asx/secretariat73.asx

Brian

Sean

Thats just about the coolest internet site I have seen. Thanks for posting the link.

The Pearl Harbor announcement gave me a little bit of a chill....

phat46

Hey, thanks for that site. That's the call, but only a portion of it. That call is 1.08 minutes, the race was 2:24 ( a record for a mile and a half that still stands). But she was very happy to have this much. We had Goggled it many differnt way, and found what must have been the original site she had but it was not a functioning site anymore. Thanks again!

Fat Cat

Quote from: "phat46"Hey, thanks for that site. That's the call, but only a portion of it. That call is 1.08 minutes, the race was 2:24 ( a record for a mile and a half that still stands). But she was very happy to have this much. We had Goggled it many differnt way, and found what must have been the original site she had but it was not a functioning site anymore. Thanks again!

Hey Joe if you have the site address you might be able to find it archived on http://www.archive.org

Its worth a look.

phat46

Cool, thanks, we'll give it a try.