I WON THE LOTTERY!

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, November 14, 2006, 09:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

George - parts are real close to $1300 of it, paint and labor for the rest. Bumper covers are over $400 each...the fender is cheap at $250. Worth too much not to fix it. I'm in my second year with this insurer. My body shop guy says that deer hits are not supposed to bump my rates...we'll see.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

sirstude

Just remember, HIT THE DEER, don't try to dodge it.  I have a friend that is not doing well right now.  He and his sister were heading out to Oregon about a month ago and just west of town tried to dodge a deer and ended up off the side of the road and in a pond.  He spent almost an hour trapped in the car in water up to his chest.  Pnumonia and a badly damaged ankle.  Don't know the long term status for his foot.  His sister is now ok, but she was bad for a while.  Both in their 60's.

Have another friend who runs a body shop and when you check out the damage, the most common thing is "tried to dodge the deer".  

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Charlie Chops 1940

Doug,

Yeah, I hear ya on that. I'm glad I couldn't see it coming because the temptation is always there to try to avoid. Basically, seeing it and taking the hit was all at the same time. It doesn't take much to upset a cars forward motion and pitch it sideways, and though we wobbled a little we didn't deviate much from the path we were on.

Had a call from the GMAC claims guy this morning - they'll be sending an independent adjuster out sometime soon, also got the rental car approved for the period the trailblazer is in the shop.

So far, so good.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!