new guy, 32, 40, 67

Started by Welder Series, October 11, 2007, 11:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welder Series

Hi there, I'm really enjoying looking at the threads of your cars.  I thought I'd do a little intro and show you some pics of the family cars.

I've been involved in this hobby for about 27 years (I'm 26 now), and I was making .50/hr right out of the womb sweeping the shop and filing paperwork for my dad.  After high school, I started full (er) time doing more welding and business oriented things.  When my dad sold Horton Street Rod Parts in 2005 and started Welder Series, I went to work with the new owner.  But after about two years there, I came back to work with my dad.  During that time, I started building a '32 3W for/with him.  You can see the buildup articles on our website.  

My parents have a '40 Ford that they put on the road in '88.  It's gone through three major reincarnations.  My mom bought a brand new Tempest in '67 that we built a frame for.  It was right around the time of the "real street" movement - not quite pro street, but still tubbed.  It's been stalled now for probably ten years.

There are a whole whack more pictures on the Welder Series website, if you're interested.  It's a Bear body, I built the frame, it's got a ZZ4 crate engine, Currie 9", 700r4, and it's not going to be painted.  I'm trying to build it so you can see all the functional stuff, while still looking finished and good.  There will be no interior, either, because the Bear body has an inner gelcoat shell.  I think you'll see the challenge this presents: every hole has to be in the right spot, the right size, etc.  It's fun...

Well, that's probably enough of an intro!
Thanks for looking!

DW

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT. I've used your parts in the past, and will again, top quality.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Welder Series

hey, thanks!  We appreciate your business.

UGLY OLDS

Another welcome ...I too have used your parts & will again.. :D  NEAT idea with the brake line on the tie rod.. :idea:  Never would have thought of that...
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****