Jusjunk goes hunting...

Started by Rayvyn, November 06, 2006, 06:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

took my kid out tonite.. SOB! he hasnt bow hunted in 10 years so he dcides to tag an 8 point. Only problem is we couldnt find it? Were gonna look again tomorrow. I heard his bow release and then watched the darn thing actually stumble across the field. We lost the blood trail right on the edge of the swamp :cry:  All this time im watching the buck ive got deer all around me too but none close enuff for a shot
Dave :arrow:

GPster

Quote from: "jusjunk"took my kid out tonite he dcides to tag an 8 point. Only problem is we couldnt find it Dave :arrow:
*, Those arrows can get expensive. Probably find it in the bed of somebody's truck in the morning. GPster

Cword

On the side of a Texas Highway.......
--

Dave

Quote from: "Cword"On the side of a Texas Highway.......

Oh Boy :!:  :!:  :!:
Dave

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "jusjunk"took my kid out tonite he dcides to tag an 8 point. Only problem is we couldnt find it Dave :arrow:
*, Those arrows can get expensive. Probably find it in the bed of somebody's truck in the morning. GPster

Well joe the blood trail dried up near the swamp. We looked again this evening so no hunting. I really wanted to see brian get this one even if it was only for the rack. I was tickled that he came out and hunted with me cause im kind paranoid about going by myself now. I still go though. There is nothing better that sharing the hunt with your son :wink:  Im sure glad the kids and i get along. I dont see the youngest that much but every once in a while he calls me to stop for a beer. (im gonna have to tell him to get gin and tonic) so I stop with sue and his brother and we shoot the bull and have a good time. I never realized how much the kids meant to me and me to them till the big june disaster . We do a lot of races together and they were really upset that I missed the 2 toledo shows this year but they went cause they knew id want it that way and yes I did.. We did the Jackson motor speedway old timers reunion again this year in honor fo thier grandfather and we surely missed a good friend of my dads so I called him and left a message that we missed him. He called back on sunday and told me he had to take a friend to the hospital for a heart attack and he passed away.
 :cry:  We chated for 2 hours
He told me that he and my father gave a couple hundred bucks each year for this reunion to get the retired guys with no money there for the get together and dinner :!: They paid for cab fare also.. :cry:
Dam I miss the old bastard :!:
Sorry to go off on a long post but .. Long live hunting and kids to go with ya :wink:
Dave :!:  :arrow:

Beck

I haven't missed our opening guns season in 25 yr. This year I just have to. I have buck feaver really bad this time of year but, Ford donated a NASCAR ticket to me along with breakfast, meeting drivers, pit tour, lunch and beverage. I couldn't pass! So far that free ticket has cost about $1000. Air fare, motel, rental car, all add up pretty quick. Since I was going to be there anyway I bought truck and Busch race tickes too. We have a split deer season here in IL. I will just have to hunt the 2nd weekend in Dec. I'll freeze in the tree!

Crosley.In.AZ

hunting = icky  :shock:

my brother got the hunting / fishing / camping gene .

my idea of  camping is a small hotel room

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"hunting = icky  :shock:

my brother got the hunting / fishing / camping gene .

my idea of  camping is a small hotel room

:lol:
Sue and I went to new jersey on the kawasaki voyager IIV when we had it and took a tent. Other than one or 2 nights in a popup at eldora speedway once a summer im with you i hate camping. The boys bring the stuff and i bring the food. Oh ya booze too.  If it wasnt for having a pop up id had stayed home i think. We used to do it in a motor home :lol:  At least I can drive to hunting grounds and back every day. I need a shower! The kids did have a portable shower (more like a shower bag) and for 2 nights it was great . specially when the dirt is a flyin at the rece track.

Beck .. too bad but ya know we got bow till wednesday then shotgun then a couple day brake and muzzleloader then we also have a late doe season till january 1st. Ill be out in the cold too. I plan on hunting till january if my body lets me. Ive alwys felt better during the winter if i spent a lot of time outdoors during hunting season. Even with a clogged artery I felt better. Good luck when you do get out.
Dave :wink:  :arrow: