Engine for Tony's Crosley

Started by enjenjo, November 03, 2006, 11:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"How about this Tony?

http://www.springsspeedway.com/default,837.sm

Mel Kenyon did that quite a few years ago in a midget and it ran quite we..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Crosley.In.AZ

out of my price range and ability to machine.

I've been looking at the turbo'd Subaru motor for power

They forget Russ Collins that built V-8 engines from a pair of Honda 750 4 cyl motorcycle engines. His setup displaced 2 liters ( 2,000 cc ) in a motor cycle.

it was very fast for the day.  I seem to recall the bike was destroyed in a racing crash
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

i don't see a suby fitting in a crosley without a straight axle...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"i don't see a suby fitting in a crosley without a straight axle...

Crosley has a beam axle...... is that what your statement was about?
Tony

tomslik

yep, i forgot....
you gonna 4wd the cros?

Dave

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "enjenjo"How about this Tony?

http://www.springsspeedway.com/default,837.sm

Mel Kenyon did that quite a few years ago in a midget and it ran quite we..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

should have had some llllllllllllllllllllllllll's there wellllllllllllllllllllllllll
Dave :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"yep, i forgot....

I need to print that out.......  :?

I also looked at a Honda EFI 1800cc Goldwing motor for power to the Crosley. A FAST controller on the engine if I could not get the OE unit to function.  A 1500 goldwing is a carb'd engine .

The wrecked 1800's are still a bit pricey to purchase
Tony

BFS57

Hello;
I am not sure which motor you want to use but I do know that a Suburu Motor can be made to pack a super punch! There is a certain Suburu here in Orlando that sounds like a supercharged Chevy and really can lay a mile of rubber!
I also know that the Honda 1800 is used in 600 racing cars (Check them out).

Bruce

sirstude

Cros,  There is a guy here who builds experimental airplanes with Turbo'ed Subaru motors.  The 6 cyl is a REAL hotrod.  You don't see many of them.  Talk to Sum about the megasquirt and look at their links for a pretty neat EFI controller and much more.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Crosley".......I also looked at a Honda EFI 1800cc Goldwing motor for power to the Crosley. A FAST controller on the engine if I could not get the OE unit to function................

Like Doug said, look into the MegaSquirt, it is lots cheaper than the FAST and would work fine on this or any other engine combination.

c ya,

Sum

butch27

A few years back there was a yellow Crosley that was running a Mazda rotary engine.  It was in a few hot rod books.

tomslik

butch27

Yes.  The thing was pumping around 170 h.p.  Not my choice, but it seemed to work for him.