the scarriest thing I have ever seen!!!

Started by BFS57, November 07, 2006, 03:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BFS57

Hello;
I know you all will have a heart atack when you hear this! My only thing is I didn't get a photo of this but I saw it first hand!
One of the guys here at work had to replace his gas tank on his Toyota. We got one for him and it arrived today. You got to know this guy to really get a feel for how he put the tank in his car.
First, he parked the Toyota on a drive up ramp. Next, he backed a 24' straight truck behind it, opened the lift gate, backed the car on to the end of the liftgate, Next, he lifted the gate, with his car tail end on it up enough to do the job.
Now, I don't know about you all but when I saw him under his car doing the tank exchange I almost had a heart atack!! I really wish I had a photo to show you guys this attempt a self mutilation and death!
This guy always pushes the envelope and today was no different!!

Bruce

rumrumm

Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

phat46

Oh come on, the guy deserves an award....The Darwin Award that is!!!
The plant manager where i work once took hisToyondasan and lifted it up with our fork truck (we have 9' forks) to put a new muffler on it... :lol:

EMSjunkie

"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

a buddy told me about his neighbor incidnet many years ago.

the neighbor backed his 1/2 ton truck up into his drive..... concrete  drive was angled a bit.  He unbolted the axle retainer . Leaf Springs were under the axle on this truck.

The neighbor's thinking was the angle of the truck in the drive took most of the weight off the rear axle , so he could unbolt one side safely.

My friend heard the guy screaming bloody murder, got a floor jack to lift the truck & spring off the guy's hand.  His hand was very damaged , lost some use of it as I recall.

Stupid hurts
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Crosley"a buddy told me about his neighbor incidnet many years ago.

the neighbor backed his 1/2 ton truck up into his drive..... concrete  drive was angled a bit.  He unbolted the axle retainer . Leaf Springs were under the axle on this truck.

The neighbor's thinking was the angle of the truck in the drive took most of the weight off the rear axle , so he could unbolt one side safely.

My friend heard the guy screaming bloody murder, got a floor jack to lift the truck & spring off the guy's hand.  His hand was very damaged , lost some use of it as I recall.

Stupid hurts

like I said " Job Security" :oops:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

This F100 I just finished, the owner was changing the rear springs, and somehow knocked it off the jack, and got both thumbs caught in the spring leaves, with the weight of the truck on them. There was no one nearby to help him, so after an hour or so, he decided he would have to get himself out. So he tore off the first joint of his left thumb, so he could jack the truck up, and get the right thumb out. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

SKR8PN

Quote from: "enjenjo"This F100 I just finished, the owner was changing the rear springs, and somehow knocked it off the jack, and got both thumbs caught in the spring leaves, with the weight of the truck on them. There was no one nearby to help him, so after an hour or so, he decided he would have to get himself out. So he tore off the first joint of his left thumb, so he could jack the truck up, and get the right thumb out. :shock:

:shock: THAT hadda hurt a ton!!! :shock:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.