Update on my 37 project

Started by sal37, October 28, 2006, 08:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sal37

I went to check on my coupe yesterday (it is visiting the panelbeaters), things are looking good.  The new floor is almost in, almost all the rust repairs are done.  The rest of the body work will be completed soon I hope.  Thought I might share a couple of pics.
Steve

Hey Steve! Good to hear from you and good to see you're making progress on your 37.My old 37 Coupe is still sitting in the corner of the shop waiting its turn.....I've done a couple dozen cars since buying the Coupe but it waits patiently and doesn't eat much!  :P By the way,How's Neil doing.....Haven't seen him around the RRT for a while?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

sal37

Quote from: "40"Hey Steve! Good to hear from you and good to see you're making progress on your 37.My old 37 Coupe is still sitting in the corner of the shop waiting its turn.....I've done a couple dozen cars since buying the Coupe but it waits patiently and doesn't eat much!  :P By the way,How's Neil doing.....Haven't seen him around the RRT for a while?
Thanks Daryle, progress has been slow on the 37 as the guy doing the work on the 37 is a one man operation and and he is popular as his work is good and his prices are very reasonable.  I will post some more pics as things move along.
As for Neil he is still having to deal with his marriage breakup, the kids (part of the time), and a new job in a town about an hour and a half from here (Newcastle).  Naturally enough car things don't have the highest priority, but he still manages to get out in the '32.

Steve

Dave

Looks good Steve....... Tell Neil Sue and I say Hi.
Dave

WZ JUNK

Looks good.  Keep plugging away.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

looks like yer gettin there.......  8)

bit by bit will get the car finished or at least close so you can drive it.  You do want to drive it?

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sal37

Quote from: "Crosley"You do want to drive it?
:shock:
Sure do Tony!!  I have wanted to own a hotrod since I was seventeen but for one reason or another I have not been able to achieve it so far.  But this car is still about two years away from being on the road (albeit in a very rough and ready state - although the body work will look great!)  I am sure looking forward to that day and so is my three and half year old daughter!!  My son is only seven months old but I am hoping that he shows some interest when the time comes.

Steve