Strange windshield question

Started by ONE37TUDOR, November 02, 2006, 08:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONE37TUDOR

Would anyone know if all the front windshields in 1961 ford galaxies and fairlanes were the same size? Or know where I might go to find that information?
Thanks,

Scott...
SCOTT,  slow moving, slow talking, no typing SCOTT

Bob Paulin

Quote from: "ONE37TUDOR"Would anyone know if all the front windshields in 1961 ford galaxies and fairlanes were the same size? Or know where I might go to find that information?
Thanks,

Scott...

Okay.....pay attention! I'm only going to write this once!

According to my Hollander Manual, ALL full-sized 1961 Fords - including the Fairlane and station wagon - *except* the Starliner 2-dr. hardtop and the convertible - take the same windshield - Hollander # 2286

Now, remember, the 1961 Fairlane was the full-sized car.

The "intermediate-size" Fairlane did not appear until 1962.

Going back to the "interchange" portion of the book we find.....

Hollander #2286 applications include....

1960 Ford and Edsel - all except 2-dr H.T. and Conv

1961 Mercury - all except Conv.

The 1962 Fairlane windshield is a totally different critter.........
"Cheating only means you really care about winning" - Red Green

ONE37TUDOR

Well I guess if you are only going to write it one time I am out of luck but - my car is a Starliner and I am needing a windshield. It appears from your reply that it takes a different one. Now I will have to find out if the convertible is the same and or if the 60 Starliner would be the same? I already know that the 60 Starliner rear glass is different from the 61 but I do not know about the front?

Thanks  for your reply and the information.

Scott...

Bob Paulin

According to enjenjo, there was a problem with the server, and I could not post a reply.

I sent you a PM.....

B.P.
"Cheating only means you really care about winning" - Red Green

ONE37TUDOR

Thanks for the PM. That infoemation was just what I needed. I just happen to know where a 60 Starliner is setting in a wrecking yard.

Scott...