reproduction license plates

Started by junkyardjeff, October 30, 2006, 11:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

Does anyone know if there is anyone making reproduction license plates,my 55 is almost ready for the road and I will be getting historical plates for it and would like to run 55 plates on it.  I found the original 55 registration and would like to find plates with the same number,I have heard people taking many sets to get the numbers they want but I would love to find new reproduction 55 ohio plates with the number to match the original 55 registration.  Jeff

slocrow

JEFF; Not sure if you can get them at the car shows, or not. I know that they do sell recreated plates but whether they can match OH 55 colors & type style is another question.
A friend runs a repop plate on his 34 that says OUTLAW but he also has a hysterical that's on the other side that flips up. When he's stopped he claims forgetfulness and deploys the second, correct plate.
Other then that registration, why not just find a old 55 plate that you like the numbers of, and run it.
You know that here in OH we only have to run a rear YOM plate, don't you. If you only find one plate that you will consider, check with the DMV to make sure that the missing plate isn't registered already, before you buy the orphan.
Anyway, that's what I know.....................Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

sedanman

Hi Jeff,

Try www.licenseplates.tv  they appear to make any reproduction plate you could ever need. I have not bought from them, but had them book marked for future reference. I found an original at a swap meet I'm going to use. Good luck  :)

Vic