Jag IFS / IRS

Started by fatkoop, October 23, 2006, 01:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatkoop

Anybody have experience with a Jag IFS or IRS (or both) in an early mustang?  How 'bout the same things in a '57-'60 F-100?  I am working on both of these projects right now, and have the Jag parts on hand.  The Jag parts are from a '75 sedan, coil springs on the front, not torsion bars.  Either car looks like a good possibility to me.  What do you think?  I am especially interested in the front end installation on either.

Okiedokie

On the www.ford-trucks.com site there has been guite a lot of info on Jag stuff on F100's.  Look at the 48-60 forum and search for jag suspension. lot of info there.

Bib_Overalls

Friend of mine is running Jag IFS/IRS under his all steel 32 Ford three window.  He has had this car for over 50 years.  The suspension conversion was done using one of the very first Kugle kits.  The IFS/IRS set ups that Jerry sells today are based on Jag engineering.  He does not advertise Jag conversion components these days but a call to his shop might lead you to some insight.

The F100 conversion should be straight forward.  But I question using Jag components in the early Mustang when conversion to Mustang II based IFS is doable with relatively inexpensive aftermarket parts.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks