Winter storage

Started by 58 Yeoman, October 24, 2006, 03:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikej

FRANK... snap out of it......Frank are you there........... :lol:

Mikej

I see corn is up over $3 per bushel.  

Thats alot of moths to get 40# of moth balls.  

People used to put them in their combines ( used to pick and shell corn) to keep out mice. Didn't work. Did a pretty good job of keeping the mechanic out though.

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"
Quote from: "Fat Cat"Nope over here in the mid part of the US it has become popular to burn dried corn kernels.
We've been doing that for a long time. I first remember doing this corn burning around Christmas. You'd then string the result.
After that, a second more enjoyable experience was to assemble the resulting product in a container, usually add butter & salt and it was then consumed orally, while watching a celluloid movie.................. :roll:

While looking at your gold chain in a mirror............ Oh wait all them guys in them kinda movies got gold chains.....
Dave :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :arrow:

phat rat

Quote from: "Mikej"FRANK... snap out of it......Frank are you there........... :lol:

Been awhile since he was there! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

rooster

Quote from: "Mr Cool"
Quote from: "TJ's Dad"Well I'll be buggered , i have never heard of burning corn

Over here its recently becoming popular to burn compressed sawdust pellets, a 10kg bag will go for nearly a week, .

Now thats intresting! I throw away about 50 pounds a week lately! %0 pounds would be about a 48 gal trash bage full. Sanding wooden floors these days, it all gets vacumed up.

Mr Cool

Although its already gone off-topic, this is an interesting read so far.
I have made my own bio-diesel before too, mixing in keroscene with it rather than methanol.
There are several methods of making this stuff, but thats the simplest.
As for the extra tank idea, thats required because you cant easily move the oil cold, its viscosity is too high and it wont start the engine, or run until its warmed up. When the engine reaches normal operating temp switch over to the cooking oil. Requires a 6-way valve (or 2 x 3 way). You need to supply fuel via two inlets, one for normal diesel the other for cooking oil. The second valve is used to switch over the return line, so you dont return oil to the diesel tank. A small amount is fine as it will thin itself out when it mixes into the rest of the diesel fuel from the return between the injector pump and valve.

As for the compressed sawdust, the conversion is 2.2lb = 1kg, so 50lb of sawdust is nearly 23kg, enough to heat your house. :D
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.