A special place in hell for DMV employees.

Started by WZ JUNK, October 24, 2006, 08:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

We took the roadster to the Highway Patrol Office yesterday so that the DMV employee could look at the car and our paperwork.  We are titling the car as a 1932 Ford and Missouri has adopted the SEMA guidelines.  They did not even look at the car.  We did not get that far.  We need to have the name changed on a couple of tickets and three of the bills of sale for the parts notarized.  Our next appointment is two weeks away.  That was the earliest we could come back.  I am trying not to get upset about this as I knew that we would have to jump through some hoops to get this done.  I hope some day I have a chance to put one of them in the same position that they have put me so many times.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

my brother works for Arizona MVD... He knows about the stoopid people there since I tell him about it and he admits to seeing it.

been there done it. good luck
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"We took the roadster to the Highway Patrol Office yesterday so that the DMV employee could look at the car and our paperwork.  We are titling the car as a 1932 Ford and Missouri has adopted the SEMA guidelines.  They did not even look at the car.  We did not get that far.  We need to have the name changed on a couple of tickets and three of the bills of sale for the parts notarized.  Our next appointment is two weeks away.  That was the earliest we could come back.  I am trying not to get upset about this as I knew that we would have to jump through some hoops to get this done.  I hope some day I have a chance to put one of them in the same position that they have put me so many times.

John

Hummm just bs over a name :?:  Then what ? pay tax on all the reciepts you have :?:  Dam im glad I went the ny title again but it did cost 375.00 for the paper and i payed 165 to get it transfered. 10 minutes and I was done.
Dave
Dave

rumrumm

I did the same thing Dave did. I was in and out with an Illinois title in 20 minutes.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dave

Quote from: "rumrumm"I did the same thing Dave did. I was in and out with an Illinois title in 20 minutes.

Well this new thing with sema backing it makes it real easy or i should say easier to build a repop and title it as a 32. Of course not all states recognize this method and on the other side of the coin not all states will do the NY title either. I wish I had some brains cause id have bought a bunch of 32 titles way back when and had em converted to michigan titles and set on em. I could have got a real nice ILL title for 750.00 :!:  I wonder though if it still isnt easier than what John is doing now and possibly cheaper. One thing this is gonna do though as states adopt the sema method is make out cars that have 32 titles instead of assembled titles no big deal anymore. It used to be a car sold better if it had a YOM title.
Ahh how times change. Its too bad the parts arent getting any cheaper  :!:  :wink:
Dave :!:  :idea:  :arrow: