HHR Panel availible in '07

Started by alchevy, October 17, 2006, 09:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

http://www.hhrclub.org/news/hhr-news-10-06-2006.php

I remember hearing people talk about the PT Cruiser when it first came out that they had a Panel version on the drawing board. Well in 2007, folks can buy an HHR Panel. Read the link for the story and some pictures.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

GPster

I wish they'd make it into a "UTE". I'm confortable in my little pick-up because I can see all around but that much closed body behind me would make it even harder for me to see out of. The El Camino and Ranchero styles have me sitting down too low but the HHRs seem to have a more upright seating. I think it's cute but I have strange needs and taste. GPster

rumrumm

Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Mikej

I was hoping they would make one into a panel. It would be a good option when I replace the next service truck. Thanks for posting it.

alchevy

You can tell that they took some of the styling cues from the 4 or 5 they let those guys work on last year that was on Rides. Like they kept the back doors to get access to the cargo space.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

purplepickup

Pretty cool Al. 8)  I've always liked the HHR and even tho people say it's just another PT Cruiser, I think it's got it's own unique look.  I'm sure Chevy was looking at the sales that a PT Cruiser type of vehicle generated and designed it for that market.  If they hadn't been asleep at the wheel, as usual, and came out with the HHR 5 years ago, they would have had all that money that Chrysler got.

Being a van kind of guy that Panel could be right up my alley.  I just wish it could tow more than 1000 lbs :(
George

Crosley.In.AZ

We dang near bought a HHR ........ in orange colour.

on the flip side we bought the VW Jetta...... in 2 years I may be lookin again.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

alchevy

The VW probably gets way better in gas mileage than the HHR. But I like my HHR. It gets in the range of 29-30mpg for me and I can go 450 miles on one tank full if I want to stretch it out. This is with the 2.2L 4 cyl motor. Folks I have talked to that have the bigger motor (2.4L) get about 25mpg. In 2008, they will be coming out with the HHRSS. It will be the longest named car on the market with no vowels.

I can imagine in that VW, that you forget what a gas station is there for. I do that in my HHR. With the gas prices dropping, I see a cheaper price and look at the gauge and it's just a little off of full. Oh, well...keep on driving.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Crosley.In.AZ

Jetta is at 40mpg or higher  most of the time.  

We put 500 miles on a tank then fill er up with the diesel fuel

Quote from: "40chevy"The VW probably gets way better in gas mileage than the HHR. But I like my HHR. It gets in the range of 29-30mpg for me and I can go 450 miles on one tank full if I want to stretch it out. This is with the 2.2L 4 cyl motor. Folks I have talked to that have the bigger motor (2.4L) get about 25mpg. In 2008, they will be coming out with the HHRSS. It will be the longest named car on the market with no vowels.

I can imagine in that VW, that you forget what a gas station is there for. I do that in my HHR. With the gas prices dropping, I see a cheaper price and look at the gauge and it's just a little off of full. Oh, well...keep on driving.
AL
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)