Day at the drags.........

Started by slocrow, October 15, 2006, 08:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slocrow

Thompson Raceway Park had a make up gasser reunion this weekend. It was because the Spring meet got washed out, pretty much. Well this weekend wasn't much better with an early 1" of snow on Saturday but today was cool & sunny.
Here's a couple of shots I grabbed. If I new how to post 10 second movie clips I'd put a couple of those on too.
Only diehards showed up but with 60 degree temps things were running sweet............Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

GPster

I always liked that style of vehicle. Thanks for the pictures. GPster

1FATGMC

Great pictures Frank, thanks for posting them.  Next spring when it is a warm 60 those same guys will be out there in their T shirts 8) .

Hooley just bought a Henry J for his next drag car, since he has sold his wagon he was running at the drags.  I think it will get the alcohol motor he ran at b'ville in 2004.

c ya,

Sum

kb426

Not that this has much to do with this but back when we had division points meets at Bandimere in June and ran at night, it was 32 degrees one year. I got beat first round and was so glad to go home that I couldn't believe it. I wore my firesuit most of the day.
TEAM SMART

Normspeed

Great pics.  It's nice to see the gasser look coming back around.  And those Willys....!