Jackson is getting Famous !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Dave, October 16, 2006, 07:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I find this interesting that they are gonna open 10 stealerships and we get the first one. Jacksons economy has sucked for quite a while now but we do have a lot of bikers in the area........
Im trying to find out where to apply for a job

The Jackson area is about to up its cool factor with a new dealership featuring Orange County Choppers -- the custom-made bikes featured on the Discovery Channel's hit show, "American Chopper."

Three area businessmen have announced plans to open a sales outlet at the public safety station at 2504 Wildwood Ave. in Blackman Township. The township board agreed Thursday to sell the station for $125,000.

"If we bring these guys here, they'll have to close down that part of town," said Jim Corcoran, one of the dealership partners. "When they do (motorcycle) shows, the crowds are amazing, insane. They line up for blocks to get their autographs."

The New York-based Orange County Choppers, founded by Paul Teutul Sr. in 1999, gained national attention through the television show "American Choppers," seen weekly on the Discovery Channel.

Described as "rolling pieces of art" by Corcoran, the motorcycle prices range from $40,000 to $250,000.

Corcoran and two partners, Gary and Dan Huff, plan to open the dealership before Thanksgiving. The fire station will be remodeled at a later date, retaining the fire department decor.

"It's an exciting project; it will bring a lot of interest to the community," said Township Supervisor Ray Snell.

The trio own G Force Customs, a business they established a few years ago to sell parts for the 7-year-old company. With the dealership, they'll now be able to sell the bikes as well as apparel and other merchandise.

The men plan to apply today for a conditional-use permit needed to sell vehicles in a commercially-zoned area.

The Jackson dealership is the first of 10 that Orange County Choppers plans to open within the next year, said Mike Burkhouse, sales manager for Orange County Choppers.

Dave

EMSjunkie

"Some men are born to greatness........others have it thrust upon them"

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

HotRodLadyCrusr

I think Jackson is more famous right now for the huge traffic backups on I94.  Absolutely SUCKED on Sudnay late afternoon trying to get home from teh HunnertCarPileUp outside of Chicago.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

unklian

Dave

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I think Jackson is more famous right now for the huge traffic backups on I94.  Absolutely SUCKED on Sudnay late afternoon trying to get home from teh HunnertCarPileUp outside of Chicago.

You sholuda called me I could have told ya it was F&*()d Up and gave you an alternate route. By the way I was on 14 2 weeks ago and it aint no better.
The main thing I can say Is vote...  :wink: Send the canadian packing :lol:
Dave

ps: you can go to the michigan website and find out where they are working and when :!:  You have a computer dont you  :?:  :lol:  :lol: