Help Me Hook Up My Heater

Started by Nick32Vic, October 09, 2006, 01:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick32Vic

Im putting this heater in my car. How in the heck do i hook it up to my water pump?

Heres a pic of my water pump. (on 302 Ford motor) I have one thing blocked off and one by-pass hose. So I have 3 potential places to hook up the inlet and outlet hoses to for  my heater. What goes where?

Dave

Heat :?: whats that  :?:  I got no idea how a ford does it. I know how a chevy is plumbed but i cant help yq with a ford.
Dave

Leon

The one hose goes to the blocked off port on the water pump, the other goes to the intake manifold.  Don't remove the bypass hose that goes to the front of the manifold.  On my 302 I had the temp gauge sender in a hole on the other side of the dist. and the heater went to the hole where you have your sender.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

32 Chevy

Yeah, you have your temperature sender screwed into the hot water outlet. There is another smaller threaded outlet just to the drivers side of the distributor where the sender is supposed to install.

Remove your sender and find a 302 at the boneyard. There will be a  threaded tube with a 90% bend in the spot where you have your sender. Then there is also another threaded hole in the back of the manifold where the water returns to the engine from the heater. Pretty simple, really...

Dave

enjenjo

The blocked off bib on the water pump will work too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.