Looking for a transmission

Started by Dave, October 11, 2006, 05:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Im looking for a good turbo 350 trans.
Dave

phat46

Dang, I was hoping you were looking for a 'Glide....

Dave

Quote from: "phat46"Dang, I was hoping you were looking for a 'Glide....

Sorry im not going racing just looking for a good 350 for the new roadster. I bought a rebuilt for the coupe and I may go that route again if I dont find anything good.
Dave

GPster

Let me see if anything turns up on my truck trade-off. I've got a turbo 350 that came out of a 2wd '79 Blazer. It's a short tailshaft with the stock torgue converter. Were you planning on freshening one up or are you looking for a "crate" tranny. GPster

Grandadeo

Dave, based on my recent crosscountry trip are you sure you don't want to go with an overdrive trans?  I know I do.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Dave, based on my recent crosscountry trip are you sure you don't want to go with an overdrive trans?  I know I do.

Lee

Ditto..........

Sum

donsrods

Dave:  I'm building a project T bucket, and needed a turbo 350. I was going to go the junkyard route, but they wanted $ 175.00 and I didn't feel like spending a morning pulling it in a hot junkyard. So I bought a rebuilt and built turbo 350 on Ebay from Jackson Racing Transmissions. It cost me $ 450.00 including shipping, and came with a new torque convertor!

This is the 3rd one I have bought from them, and they have an over 2000 feedback, 100% positive on Ebay. You can't beat their deal.  I paid $ 375 plus $ 65.00 shipping.  You have to watch their ads and bid at the last few seconds, but I have scored 3 so far, and I'm no genius.  It can be done.

Just a suggestion, and you get a warranty.

Here is a link to them on Ebay, just check "sellers other items" and you will see their other transmissions being listed at that time.

Don

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURBO-350-S-S-TRANSMISSION-CONVERTER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33727QQihZ019QQitemZ8053538524

THey must be getting low on cores, because he is specifying he wants an old unit back. They sometimes do this on a tranny ad, but not always, you have to wait and watch.

Here is a picture of the one I bought.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "N8DC"Im looking for a good turbo 350 trans.
Dave

Vance wouldn't do it for you, huh/ Now you're looking for a fast, fat crossdresser... :?:  :lol:

Surely Frank has something laying around out in one of his shops that you could use. :idea:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"Let me see if anything turns up on my truck trade-off. I've got a turbo 350 that came out of a 2wd '79 Blazer. It's a short tailshaft with the stock torgue converter. Were you planning on freshening one up or are you looking for a "crate" tranny. GPster

I was kinda lookin for a good working used one Joe but I may just go with a rebuilt again if i dont come up with anything.
Dave

Dave

Quote from: "donsrods"Dave:  I'm building a project T bucket, and needed a turbo 350. I was going to go the junkyard route, but they wanted $ 175.00 and I didn't feel like spending a morning pulling it in a hot junkyard. So I bought a rebuilt and built turbo 350 on Ebay from Jackson Racing Transmissions. It cost me $ 450.00 including shipping, and came with a new torque convertor!

This is the 3rd one I have bought from them, and they have an over 2000 feedback, 100% positive on Ebay. You can't beat their deal.  I paid $ 375 plus $ 65.00 shipping.  You have to watch their ads and bid at the last few seconds, but I have scored 3 so far, and I'm no genius.  It can be done.

Just a suggestion, and you get a warranty.

Here is a link to them on Ebay, just check "sellers other items" and you will see their other transmissions being listed at that time.

Don

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURBO-350-S-S-TRANSMISSION-CONVERTER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33727QQihZ019QQitemZ8053538524

THey must be getting low on cores, because he is specifying he wants an old unit back. They sometimes do this on a tranny ad, but not always, you have to wait and watch.

Here is a picture of the one I bought.

Thanks don ill keep an  eye out. Thats a good price if they will ship it to michigan for that.
Dave