North Carolina here I come

Started by petrolhead, July 24, 2006, 09:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petrolhead

G'Day its petrolhead here and I normally frequent the ozrodders site untill ripper told my about you guys(& gals). I live in Perth Western Australia and am in the process of building a 1948 Ford Club Coupe. I won a competition at work and will be heading to North Carolina from the 12th October to the 19th October. I will be getting a tour of the WIX filter factory and get to go to the Bank of Americia 500 Nascar in a corporate box. I'm there for a short time and don't know my itenery yet so what is happening? I have been told that I will be staying at Gastonia which is about a half hour out of Charolett.
Regards
Petrolhead
"Dare to be different,No Cookie Cutter Car for Me"

HotRodLadyCrusr

You will have a GREAT time.  That area of the country is just wonderful that time of the year.  There are ALOT of NASCAR race shops in the area that you can visit and if you like go-carting there are two tracks right next door to the Lowes Motor Speedway.  I'm sure someone thats closer can fill you in on more to do in the area.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

ripper

ahh you may not be aware, but petrolhead aka clint had somewhat of a set back health wise & he won't be getting stateside as planned. he's as a tough as a cat's skull (don't ask me how I know a cats skull is tough) and he's on the mend & hopefully heading stateside sometime later, maybe next NASCAR season...

He'll letcha know.

Zap him a get well email if you get a chance, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

cheers
ripper
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
May The Vehicle You Use To Get There Become The Reason For Going!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ripper

haha I just noticed I'm 36!!!
Wow I lost me 3 years somewhere.
I do remember my post count being a dizzy high number but then I haven't posted like I used to...mainly lurk these days :-)

Hope y'all doing well & ok...

cheers ripper
May The Vehicle You Use To Get There Become The Reason For Going!

enjenjo

Sorry to hear that, hope he heals quickly.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

petrolhead

I've been lurking for a while had haven't been up to posting much. August 21st I collapsed at work with seizures and was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I've had heaps of tests and its in a good spot and I will be going in for a operation to have it removed on September 23. Operation wise looks good and as for the WIX competition they have been great and have delayed my trip until next year.
Regards
Petrolhead

petrolhead

It's got me stuffed why that has come up three times. I went to delete the other two but there is no way to do it.
Regards
Petrolhead

enjenjo

You must be in bad shape, seeing triple, I only see one :shock:  And unless the calender is different in Oz, I think oct 23 is when you have surgury, or you are holding out on us how it came out :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

petrolhead

Errr yes October 23. Heck I've been off work so long everday seems like a Sunday,now don't ask me what date it is as I will probably get that wrong too.
Regards
Petrolhead