Hey Crosley, these things are showing up all over

Started by donsrods, September 24, 2006, 02:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsrods

Tony:  These two are running on Ebay right now. Looks like they made more of these than I thought.

Don

donsrods

Crosley.In.AZ

I've been watching them.  Tomslik watches for me too ( or he is a closet Crosley car guy)  :shock:

Orange one is listed as a 1941 .  It really is a 1947 or 48. I admit I have almost built a similar car for the street.  The pre-war ( early 1940's) Crosleys were waaay different.

I was gonna build an old gasser style Crosley with  axle out front. I thought it would have all the creature comforts though.... windows , a/c , heat , etc..... LOL

The gray Crosley unit is listed as built by Kelvinator .  That is completely incorrect.  Crosleys were built by the Crosley Motors corp.  That one has a 1949 / 50 front sheet metal on it.

There are a couple of stock Crosleys on ebay  that look fairly nice and complete.  Some body panels just sold that were supposed to be NOS replacement panels for a Crosley.  That is something I have never seen before
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

QuoteI've been watching them. Tomslik watches for me too ( or he is a closet Crosley car guy)  

closet my azz, i used to have a 50 wagon.
looked like a pedal car on my trailer... :roll:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list