Hidden Hinges

Started by RAJ484, September 16, 2006, 03:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAJ484

Im working on a 38 Chevy Master Deluxe street rod. Im looking at putting in hidden hinges on all four doors. Does anybody have any recommendations. Ive seen Protocols on Ebay and I know there is Hagan and Autoloc. Im a beginner at this but have a lot of good help in the area.
Any info would be good
It drove into my garage...it DID drive back out!!!

EMSjunkie

I have heard good things about Rocky hinges.

I personally have never used Hagan or AutoLoc, but their reputations are pretty good, from what I have heard.

maybe someone else will chime in here soon.

Welcome from Amarillo, tell us a little about yourself and your project. a pix or two would be appreciated also. 8)  :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

papastoyss

Parr Automotive in Okie City carries a well made hinge kit.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

RAJ484

I'm just a beginner car builder. This is the first time I have ever taken ANY car apart down to the frame and started over. We live in sunny New Mexico and besides the 38 we have a 1969 Camaro and a 1966 GTO. The 38 will have the original 350 motor from the Camaro, Heidt's independent front and rear suspension, rack and pinion steering, 7004r tranny and a few other goodies. I'm only doing this once so I want to do it right!!!!! Some pictures are located at:
http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j109/RAJ484/
I really do appreciate the opportunity to pick everyones mind here and get all the good info that you guys have. Someday maybe i'll know something that will help someone else.   :D

enjenjo

If you plan on driving this one a lot, there is a simple modification that will make the front suspension much stronger. If you are interested, I'll post some pictures.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

Frank,  please post the pics,  I am curious if it matches what I have been thinking about for a long time to put the lower arm in double shear.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

I'll try to get it posted this evening.

RAJ484

Yes please post pics....I'll take all the advice and help I can find :-)

enjenjo

Here's how to do it. It will nearly double the strength.