Chassis rails pre-bent

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, September 12, 2006, 09:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Any one here seen / used parts from

www.autoweldchassis.com

:arrow:   :?:  :?:

you can by-pass the opening bs by cliking on the link to load the main page.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

donsrods

Yep, there is one under the last S10 my Son built.  He sent them detailed drawings, and in a few weeks got the side rails he had bent up. They were excellent in all respects, and the bends are mandrel bent, and the side rails are one continuous piece.

They weren't cheap, I think about $ 1700 for the pair of side rails, plus shipping via truck from Pennsylvania. but were worth every cent because they gave him an absolutely straight platform to work off of.  The company was first rate to deal with in all regards.

My Son has a bunch of pictures in his computer, but I only have the one below. If you would like Tony, I'll get some shots from him for you.

Don

Crosley.In.AZ

looks like some fine workmanship .

the prices have me scared away at this point.

I think I will need a kick up in the from frame section to obtain the ride height I want on this Morris
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

donsrods

Yep, I know what you mean about the price, it would scare me too, but he has more expendible income than I do. Kids always do.

I asked him if he had some more pictures with the body off, and he said he does have some in the computer somewhere, and he would look. I also asked him if the $ 1700 was accurate, and told him what your project is, and he said you might get away with less because his rails contained some very intricate double bends that ran the cost up. A normal frame, Z'd on both ends would probably be cheaper. You might want to give them a call to see.

If I can get those pictures from him I'll post them.

Don