Never seen that before....

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, September 11, 2006, 10:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

I got the 4 out of the rpu and disassembled over the weekend. Could not get the cam out or even turn it by hand. Dropped it off at the machine shop where the hot tank, machine work and cam bearings were done.

He takes a look at the babbit material squeezed out around the middle cam journal and just starting to come out at the rear journal and says.."Never seen that before."

I coulda wrote this before going there. At any rate they will get the cam out and investigate what went wrong. I have a lot of faith in these guys so I'm looking forward to a plausible explanation.

Of course it seems like I get a lot of the "first time that's ever happened" lately.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Dave

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I got the 4 out of the rpu and disassembled over the weekend. Could not get the cam out or even turn it by hand. Dropped it off at the machine shop where the hot tank, machine work and cam bearings were done.

He takes a look at the babbit material squeezed out around the middle cam journal and just starting to come out at the rear journal and says.."Never seen that before."

I coulda wrote this before going there. At any rate they will get the cam out and investigate what went wrong. I have a lot of faith in these guys so I'm looking forward to a plausible explanation.

Of course it seems like I get a lot of the "first time that's ever happened" lately.

Charlie

Hummmm.. never herd of that before
Dave :wink:

kb426

Somethings not straight or too tight. Years ago at the shop where I did my machine work on the dragster, they bought a cam bearing reamer. After seeing how much wasn't correct, I understood why they bought it.
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "kb426"Somethings not straight or too tight. Years ago at the shop where I did my machine work on the dragster, they bought a cam bearing reamer. After seeing how much wasn't correct, I understood why they bought it.

I agree. I should know when I get back from Nats North. I'd like to get it all back together before winter so I can work on other projects,

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!