700r4 troubles

Started by Goose, September 03, 2006, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goose

Help I have a 700r4 built to handle over 500 hp in a street/strip car. Shifting at 6000 rpm. This weekend it would not shift from second to third until you lift out of the throttle. Trans has over 50 runs on it & never failed to shift until yesterday. Changed fluid & filter this morning it did not help.   Anyone got any suggestions. Thanks

Crosley.In.AZ

the 3/4 clutch has been a trouble spot for this tranny since it was introduced.

Are you having problems with the 2-3 shift at lighter throttle say 3/4 throttle?

Quote from: "Goose"Help I have a 700r4 built to handle over 500 hp in a street/strip car. Shifting at 6000 rpm. This weekend it would not shift from second to third until you lift out of the throttle. Trans has over 50 runs on it & never failed to shift until yesterday. Changed fluid & filter this morning it did not help.   Anyone got any suggestions. Thanks
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

speedracer

Quote from: "Goose"Help I have a 700r4 built to handle over 500 hp in a street/strip car. Shifting at 6000 rpm. This weekend it would not shift from second to third until you lift out of the throttle. Trans has over 50 runs on it & never failed to shift until yesterday. Changed fluid & filter this morning it did not help.   Anyone got any suggestions. Thanks
Yeah I had the same problem too and just adjusted the cable on the carb and after about 5 or 6 attemps finally got it right!  My problem was sticking from 1st to 2nd gear!    Johnny