Katrina Trip

Started by alchevy, September 04, 2006, 12:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

Went to the Mississippi Gulf Coast this weekend. First time since Katrina, took some pictures. Most of the time of things like restaurants we had eaten at or places we had visited.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Grandadeo

Al, thanks for the pictures.  I only made Cruisin the Coast once and that was the year before Katrina.  Enjoyed it so much we pre-registered for the next year that of course never happened.  I got my card in the mail for this year but I really don't plan on going.  I'm working at the 'ol nuke plant on a short term contract and I just got a federal jury duty summons for around the same time.  Can't see how they would have enough facilities back up and running to handle a big crowd by now.  We fell in love with Ricky's restaurant over in waveland and I know it was flattened. They made the best bread pudding in the universe.  Here's a picture link of my buddy Cliff in the black vicky high boy and me in the 'ol rock chip special '32 in Bay St. Louis during the 2004 meet.

Lee

http://www.cruisinthecoast.com/2004CruisinPhotos/pages/Bay%20St_%20Louis18_jpg.htm
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Normspeed

Lee, Cliff's car looks good.  I hadn't seen it before.  

It's been years since I drove through there but I remember it well.  Great food, great music.   My last run through the area was in 1985, going to CA in a big old Ryder truck.   First was around 65, going to CA in a rusty 55 Plymouth.  What great memories.   There's a lot of the nation's history in that area.  I'm sure they will come back from the devastation in time.

alchevy

I did see where they had built some new motels on 90 since the storm. My cousin told me that CTC had 4,000 registered. They want the tourist $$ back in the area, so that is why for going on with the event. A lot of tings had been cleaned up, but you could tell where folks are just waiting on claims to go on. Some of the motels have just been left, just being fenced off with for sale signs in front of them.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com