Naked Woody pics

Started by Stevie G, April 03, 2004, 09:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie G

I'm looking for pics of 40's-50's woodies with no wood.
Shots that really show the structure.
Contemplating a phantom project.
Do you like monsters?  Get a Swamp Thing T-Shirt

47wood

You may find what you're looking for in the "Gallery" section at www.oldwoodies.com  :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Stevie G

Quote from: "47wood"You may find what you're looking for in the "Gallery" section at www.oldwoodies.com  :wink:

Thanks.
They have a bunch of shots showing the wood.
I was looking for the body/framework behind the wood.
Thanks again,
Steve

47wood

Steve,

You do realize all the wood is just bolted together ...there is no frame behind the wood?  So you have the front clip and cowl plus the rear fenders that are metal.  All 4 doors, rear quarters, tailgate and roof are all hard maple on Fords and Mercurys, and ash on some other makes.  :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Stevie G

Quote from: "47wood"Steve,

You do realize all the wood is just bolted together ...there is no frame behind the wood?  So you have the front clip and cowl plus the rear fenders that are metal.  All 4 doors, rear quarters, tailgate and roof are all hard maple on Fords and Mercurys, and ash on some other makes.  :wink:
On the older ones....i don't argue but.......

Stevie G

Quote from: "47wood"Steve,

On the older ones....i don't argue but.......

Stevie G

Thanks for the link to oldwoodys.
Lots of great information.

sawzall

Quote from: "Stevie G"Thanks for the link to oldwoodys.
Lots of great information.

stevie

the woodie you have posted a pic of is a 49 - 51 ford. these are the only fords to have an internal steel structure..

gms of the same era are all steel except some really rare 48 and 49  olds model 88's that are wood framed as the ford.

heres a pic of my 48 olds model 66.. with no wood..