58 pontiac

Started by ram-rod, August 10, 2006, 08:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ram-rod

anybody got any leads on a a rear half of a 58 four door pontiac  an aussie guy has had a tail ender over here   and we dont have many spares   thanks in advance Ian
Dodge Brothers the Masochist\'s Marque
where pain and suffering is in a rusty art form   :(D)

58 Yeoman

How much of it does he need?  Frame and body from rear of rear window?  I could call a local yard that still has some old cars, but I don't know about shipping, if he does have the parts.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

ram-rod

hi yeoman i got an Email from a texas yard .last night with some attached photos . Daryl's car has had a pretty good hit up the rear   by a small compact car that crumpled on impact the old ponti shook and absorbed the rest of the shock through the tow bar and into the frame as the frame went forwards it bucked the quaters. now  if you ask me he should get the shell from texas cut up and sent over   but it is up to him (daryl) as pontiacs arn't realy growing on trees over here    

thanks for the lead  

to further answer your question  he needs one of each quaterpanel  it would be much easier to repair them off the car suprisingly the rear panel and boot didnt suffer all that much but he should buy these allso
and a rear bumper will be a must have

ram-rod

yeoman if you can post some photos of the yard so i can show daryl
the texas car is to bad on the US drivers side    thanks Ian   ps theres no hurry

58 Yeoman

I'll call the yard tomorrow and see if he has a '58.

Phil

mrloboy

Quote from: "ram-rod"anybody got any leads on a a rear half of a 58 four door pontiac  an aussie guy has had a tail ender over here   and we dont have many spares   thanks in advance Ian

Is the car a US built car? The Canadian built cars are quite different and most parts do not interchange. Canadian cars were built on Chevy frames and used Chevy drive trains. I have two 58's. One is a clean 4dr Laurentian and the other is a 4dr Safari Wagon with a factory 348 Chevy drive train. If my 4dr is compatable, I don't mind cutting it up. I am also going to be shipping a container of cars and parts to Sydney in the not too distant future, if that would help. Rick

ram-rod

i will find out more from daryl   the texas car looks right to me  

what you say makes sence because of the left hand drive thing over here.  and the restorers often talk of  canadian steering boxes.   i will get a digital shot of this car an post it.   soon    thanks   ian

58 Yeoman

Ian, no luck at this local yard.  He also said he doesn't ship out of country, if at all.  IF he did have one, and he wouldn't ship it, how would you go about doing that?  Is there a company that will pick up the car, put into a container, and ship it?

Sounds like the yard in Texas, and mrloboy in Canada are larger yards, and may do this on a regular basis.  Sorry I couldn't be any help here.

Phil

EMSjunkie

Whereabouts in TX?

anywhere close to me?

I'd go look fer ya iffin I can :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

mrloboy

Below is a link to a page on my site with photos of the two 58's I have on it. The bottom few photos are of the 4dr in question. I can get more specific photos for you are PM them to you if you like. Our next available shipment down under will be in the spring of '07. Rick

http://www.loboys.com/hotrods/pontiac/58pontiacwagon.htm

ram-rod

hi yeoman  we have about ten guys making a living out of transporting cars and parts from  us and world wide   these are the prominent ones that advertise  
but there are two the stand out from the crowd  ron wicks and graham & mick webb (brothers) these guys are   they do all the work at that end but it costs you
they tow it  steam clean it do the customs stuff and load the container

mr lowboy those canadian cars look just like Daryl's he will be down here early next week  he has no computer I phoned him he asked about rust and mentioned the salt on your roads he was pleased when i told him the bodies looked good   even i like the teal blue one

ram-rod

the texas car is at owers salvage in wellington   it is well picked over from the photos   but the chassis and one quaterpanel are good  

mrlow boys cars are a better proposittion i think

EMSjunkie

I think that is FlatTopBob's yard........he's over at the HAMB  :-o
he's only 75-80 miles from me :D

lemme know if I can help 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

ram-rod

thanks Ems  i posted on the hamb as well thats how they Emailed  me

I cant do anything till Daryl gets down here for a look  at the pics  

I will keep you guys posted thanks again